Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,977

0 members and 2,977 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Red Gene

Thanks

The Red Gene

I have the opportunity to pick up a 0.1 Red Gene, at what I believe is a very good price. I don't know much about it though and WOBP was less than helpful. I found some older thread on BP.net so I have some basic information, but they are dated. Any more info out there? Is it worth working with?

Thanks,

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

Thanks

Re: The Red Gene

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Dave View Post
    I have the opportunity to pick up a 0.1 Red Gene, at what I believe is a very good price. I don't know much about it though and WOBP was less than helpful. I found some older thread on BP.net so I have some basic information, but they are dated. Any more info out there? Is it worth working with?

Thanks,

Dave
    I'm still new to this so maybe someone else will chime in but what I generally do is compare prices with morph market to see if it's close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    1.0 Enchi Banana
    1.0 Clown
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Mojave Het. Clown
    0.1 Stinger Bee
    0.1 Black Pewter
    0.1 Hypo Butter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt850 View Post
    I'm still new to this so maybe someone else will chime in but what I generally do is compare prices with morph market to see if it's close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    I'm not worried about the price. I'm looking for more information about the gene itself

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    There is not a lot of info out there. It originated in Ralph's collection and was pretty tightly intertwined with the Blackhead. As people have started working more with that project they have found that some of the animals produced (both BH and non) tend to have a higher degree of that sort of burnt red colour to them and that it looks to potentially be heritable in at least a dominant-type manner.
    actagggcagtgatatcctagcattgatggtacatggcaaattaacctcatgat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asplundii View Post
    There is not a lot of info out there. It originated in Ralph's collection and was pretty tightly intertwined with the Blackhead. As people have started working more with that project they have found that some of the animals produced (both BH and non) tend to have a higher degree of that sort of burnt red colour to them and that it looks to potentially be heritable in at least a dominant-type manner.
    That's what I've found out as well. WOBP also has it listed as a Dominant gene, but no picture. As it is, I ended up purchasing the girl. She's north of 700g, so I have a while to figure all this out. From what I am told, and I have no reason to doubt, she's pure Red Gene and comes from a line of animals that their keepers have been able to isolate the genetics so there is no Blackhead involved. Is it a shot in the dark that anything earth shattering will come of this? Of course. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity though. Who knows what it'll look like with the right combo? Only time will tell I suppose. Till then I'll keep researching it and see what is out there.

Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Dave View Post
    That's what I've found out as well. WOBP also has it listed as a Dominant gene, but no picture. As it is, I ended up purchasing the girl. She's north of 700g, so I have a while to figure all this out. From what I am told, and I have no reason to doubt, she's pure Red Gene and comes from a line of animals that their keepers have been able to isolate the genetics so there is no Blackhead involved. Is it a shot in the dark that anything earth shattering will come of this? Of course. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity though. Who knows what it'll look like with the right combo? Only time will tell I suppose. Till then I'll keep researching it and see what is out there.

Dave
    Well keep us posted with what you find out and on her progress 😀
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks

So no pics?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks

I'm also pretty interested in seeing some pics.

Thanks

I'm picking her up tonight. I'll post pics over the weekend.

Dave

Thanks

She's home. I'll put the shots of her in the pictures section.

Dave
    Last edited by AKA Dave; 06-23-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast