Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,110

2 members and 3,108 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Eggs still good?

These aren't my eggs or pythons. But they asked me if these were still good. I really have no idea, since I've never come across this in any of my reading. She is trying to maternally incubate them in a screen topped 70-75gal aquarium. With a small heat pad in the middle and two lamps on top. She doesn't have a hygrometer in there with her. I told her to get one and put it right next to the clutch to know what the humidity is at. And there isn't one there yet and the eggs have been on the ground for a week now. She is using coconut husk bedding. To get the humidity up I told ten to pour water on te opposite side of the tank and mist the side she is on a couple of times a day without getting the eggs wet. And to cover the side she is on with cardboard to give her privacy and keep her calm. But I doubt that has happened yet or how much of instructions and guidance to the stickies on his site they followed. and I think the female keeps leaving the clutch.

So are the eggs still good? And should I take them and put ten in the incubator?

These are the eggs to the wild type parents, so nothing of much value, but I still hate to see the life wasted. And personally I feel like ye eggs are probably goners at this point, especially by the time I could pick them up and get the incubator up to temperature again. I've already heated it up and turned it off twice thinking they were going to send them home with me to incubate and changing their minds.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    How long has it been since they have been laid?

Thanks

Re: Eggs still good?

They were laid the 13th. So about 9 days now. I picked them up yesterday and put yen in my incubator. I touched my phone light to them and I could see good veins in a couple of them that I could get to glow. The others were too wrinkled to see. They had a bit of an odor to them. I'll leave them alone for a couple weeks and candle them again them to see how they look. I feel like it'll be a good test to see how well the incubator works.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk