Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,063

0 members and 2,063 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reptile Basics.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Reptile Basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    Yes the Black hides are the ones I always get. Thank you.
    As far as the Charge Back I hate for it to come to that but even if there are personal problems (as ive had deaths in my fam this year too) I always have calls covered or a message on my VM that says I'll be in touch asap if I'm out if town. So I'm done with them. Thank you for all the chiming in.. Sounds like they are having customer service issues with more than just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use the round flower pot saucer bases and my hogs hate them with a passion. The sand boas love them so I've got a stack of the black hides with the rest of the supplies just in case. With the charge back, it's much like PayPal. You only have one shot once the charge back has been processed so if you cancel the claim but want to file a new one later, they won't allow it. At least if you have a Visa card. I hope it all works out for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewross8705 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (06-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    I usually just order my stuff from Bean Farm as i live by them and can just call them and go out there. I do like the RB hides better though and they are set up lengthwise with an offset door vs Bean Farm ones are deeper with a center cut door.

And i never had a problem with Reptile Basics. Sucks though that they havent returned your calls.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (06-20-2017)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I usually just order my stuff from Bean Farm as i live by them and can just call them and go out there. I do like the RB hides better though and they are set up lengthwise with an offset door vs Bean Farm ones are deeper with a center cut door.

And i never had a problem with Reptile Basics. Sucks though that they havent returned your calls.
    I never had a prob either... Thats why its been 2 weeks and I'm more upset they are screwing up than my neighbor not getting his product. Nothing worse than telling people who to order from and then they get stood up lol.

Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

I never had a prob either... Thats why its been 2 weeks and I'm more upset they are screwing up than my neighbor not getting his product. Nothing worse than telling people who to order from and then they get stood up lol.

True.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

This makes me hesitant to place my next order with them. Got a shopping cart full of stuff online with them and was about to order and then saw this thread earlier. I'm skeptical now. Was going to get a handful of hides, flexwatt, snake bags... but I kinda want it all to show up. If it doesn't I'll be a bit peeved

Thanks

I've ordered from these guys in the past:

http://www.snakemuseum.com/

They sell RBI hides for the same price as RBI.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BPGator For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (06-20-2017),jmcrook (06-20-2017),MissterDog (06-20-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Sorry to hear this Sully. Seems customer service as a whole is less important to many companies than pumping out product. I've had problems with a big name Cable/Internet provider and a big name trash removal company lately.

But your particular story is a bit like what I have dealt with recently with my ferret supply company. I placed an order in March and after 10 business days hadn't received it (usually 4-5 business days from NY to MA). So I called to inquire. No answer, left a voicemail. Three days later , no food or call back. I called again...voicemail. Waited two days more and called again 3 times before finally getting a call back. The guy was in FL with sick parents. I felt bad and was sympathetic, but also needed my ferret food and didn't feel like going out to spend $11 on a tiny bag to hold the ferrets over for a few days. But seriously, why the holdup on delivery and nobody else can call a customer back? I was also charged $18 shipping but orders over $50 are supposed to be free shipping. He said he would call the warehouse and make sure my food was shipped. They shipped it that day. Apparently when the big cat's away, the warehouse mice are minimal work and plenty of play... and that the refund for shipping would be all set by the end of the day.

Well, fast forward a few weeks and I tried to order something else. My card was denied because the shipping was never refunded (prepaid gift card, figured use up the balance, put the rest on my debit card). I called the company and...surprise...no answer. Voicemail...10 days, 3 calls later and no answer or call back. Sent an email...no reply. 3 more days, 2 more voicemails, now I'm getting angry. 2 more days and 6 voicemails later he FINALLY answered. Said he had been sick and hadn't gotten any of my voicemails, but somehow knew who I was and said "this is Craig right? Sorry about your issues, I've been sick." So didn't hear my voicemails? But knew who I was and why I was calling? Sounded fishy to me.

Now I'm torn. I can't find anywhere who can compete with their prices, they are waaaaaayy cheaper than anybody else. But I don't want to give them my business...

Amyway, I feel your pain, Sully. I hope this works out for you and the neighbor...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Sorry to hear this Sully. Seems customer service as a whole is less important to many companies than pumping out product. I've had problems with a big name Cable/Internet provider and a big name trash removal company lately.

But your particular story is a bit like what I have dealt with recently with my ferret supply company. I placed an order in March and after 10 business days hadn't received it (usually 4-5 business days from NY to MA). So I called to inquire. No answer, left a voicemail. Three days later , no food or call back. I called again...voicemail. Waited two days more and called again 3 times before finally getting a call back. The guy was in FL with sick parents. I felt bad and was sympathetic, but also needed my ferret food and didn't feel like going out to spend $11 on a tiny bag to hold the ferrets over for a few days. But seriously, why the holdup on delivery and nobody else can call a customer back? I was also charged $18 shipping but orders over $50 are supposed to be free shipping. He said he would call the warehouse and make sure my food was shipped. They shipped it that day. Apparently when the big cat's away, the warehouse mice are minimal work and plenty of play... and that the refund for shipping would be all set by the end of the day.

Well, fast forward a few weeks and I tried to order something else. My card was denied because the shipping was never refunded (prepaid gift card, figured use up the balance, put the rest on my debit card). I called the company and...surprise...no answer. Voicemail...10 days, 3 calls later and no answer or call back. Sent an email...no reply. 3 more days, 2 more voicemails, now I'm getting angry. 2 more days and 6 voicemails later he FINALLY answered. Said he had been sick and hadn't gotten any of my voicemails, but somehow knew who I was and said "this is Craig right? Sorry about your issues, I've been sick." So didn't hear my voicemails? But knew who I was and why I was calling? Sounded fishy to me.

Now I'm torn. I can't find anywhere who can compete with their prices, they are waaaaaayy cheaper than anybody else. But I don't want to give them my business...

Amyway, I feel your pain, Sully. I hope this works out for you and the neighbor...
    Sounds like people use a good customers kindness for weakness to me Craig!

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks

Well I called and Bobby answered this morning. He says he has no messages which is insane as we've called at least 30 times and would need a picture of the way the box was packed. Now how is that possible when the box came two weeks ago and my neighbor wasn't sure if the F10 would be in the same box ect ?
    No apologies no nothing... I told him to call my Neighbor directly ( right now as we hang up) and gave him the #. I will be going elsewhere for hides, all my Heat Panels are from Pro Pranel and my F10 I get from Amazon so not a real big deal. The whole thing was a matter of principle more than the $14.99 my neighbor was loosing. I was hoping this thread was going to turn around but its even worse that he had no concern about the Customer Service and wants proof over $14.99. Done with them and will never recommend them again.

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well I called and Bobby answered this morning. He says he has no messages which is insane as we've called at least 30 times and would need a picture of the way the box was packed. Now how is that possible when the box came two weeks ago and my neighbor wasn't sure if the F10 would be in the same box ect ?
    No apologies no nothing... I told him to call my Neighbor directly ( right now as we hang up) and gave him the #. I will be going elsewhere for hides, all my Heat Panels are from Pro Pranel and my F10 I get from Amazon so not a real big deal. The whole thing was a matter of principle more than the $14.99 my neighbor was loosing. I was hoping this thread was going to turn around but its even worse that he had no concern about the Customer Service and wants proof over $14.99. Done with them and will never recommend them again.

Just sounds like an excuse to me. I don't play around with my money so I would of said some choice words.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (06-20-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast