Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,401

3 members and 3,398 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ibd?

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: Ibd?

Quote Originally Posted by awyatt10 View Post
    We've had no issues with the super moonglow. She was snow white when we got her. She's a year old and is now, I think, creamier w/a yellow hue. She's an amazing snake. Great disposition & a phenomenal eater. She eats way better than our ball does.
    Ive never heard of a Super.. Bob Clark and MCR has the ones i was looking at. I cant imagine the price of a super as a regular one is more than I think they should be now that they are more common.
    I hope your other one is ok and that its a isolated incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks

You can google them. They're beautiful. Aaaand pricey. We paid close to $1000 for her.

Thanks

We're definitely keeping a close eye on the other 2. The worst thing we've ever experienced, other than this, was when my blue tongue skink came home with mites. I NEVER want to go through that mess again.

Thanks

So we contacted the breeder, just to update him. He was very appreciative we did that & that we weren't yelling at him. (I can't believe people are rude enough to to that.) Anyway, he said he loved dealing w/us, each time we've purchased a snake from him, that he'd be willing to send us another snake. We explained that's not why we were calling, but he insisted on checking his inventory. He also said, in his experience, he's had a few snakes have similar occurrences. Just a random incident where they're doing well, don't eat at the next feeding & are dead in a week. What a crappy situation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    Very sorry to hear of this. It sounds like the breeder is working with you though. That makes things a little easier to deal with.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    Ive never heard of a Super.. Bob Clark and MCR has the ones i was looking at. I cant imagine the price of a super as a regular one is more than I think they should be now that they are more common.
    I hope your other one is ok and that its a isolated incident.

Sorry to hear your snake died. I would definitely be giving the breeder a piece of my mind. Also with how fast he died, I would have a necropsy done especially if you have other snakes. Not saying it's IBD as that is kind of rare but with how fast the snake died, i would be worried.

Super moonglow is just a super hypo basically since you only need 1 hypo, albino, anery to make a moonglow. Add another hypo gene and you have super although you wont know until later. It's not like a hypo looks really any different than a super hypo.

Also if i had my choice, i would definitely go with Matt Cook. That little Moonglow possible super hypo girl he was selling was on my radar but i had picked up Gina already and i dont have a cage available atm. If i did, i might have snatched her up but you are right that anything kahl will yellow with age. Some more than others. I mean here is a perfect example. Vicky as a baby in the first pic and her just over 3 years later.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Sorry to hear your snake died. I would definitely be giving the breeder a piece of my mind. Also with how fast he died, I would have a necropsy done especially if you have other snakes. Not saying it's IBD as that is kind of rare but with how fast the snake died, i would be worried.

Super moonglow is just a super hypo basically since you only need 1 hypo, albino, anery to make a moonglow. Add another hypo gene and you have super although you wont know until later. It's not like a hypo looks really any different than a super hypo.

Also if i had my choice, i would definitely go with Matt Cook. That little Moonglow possible super hypo girl he was selling was on my radar but i had picked up Gina already and i dont have a cage available atm. If i did, i might have snatched her up but you are right that anything kahl will yellow with age. Some more than others. I mean here is a perfect example. Vicky as a baby in the first pic and her just over 3 years later.
    WOW thats a good pic example Sauzo!!! Matt sent me pics and was really honest about it and said the same thing you did. That yellow is still gorgeous but its good to know they do/can change.

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    WOW thats a good pic example Sauzo!!! Matt sent me pics and was really honest about it and said the same thing you did. That yellow is still gorgeous but its good to know they do/can change.

Yup, I've given Matt crap about dealing with only kahls as what i am mostly searching for is a sharp snowglow female if i go with another morph. Dont find too many sharps though as a lot of people just deal with kahls. And me personally, I'm on my locality BCC kick now and really want either a Peruvian, North Brazilian or a male Suri from Chris Wolf to go with Gina one day if i ever decide to breed.

Oh and if you ever decide to go with a BCC and want pure blood locality stuff, hit up Chris Wolf. Pretty much all his stock is from Gus Rentfro and Vin Russo as Vin and him are buddies and he believe in keeping all his stuff pure blood even the locality stuff like not mixing another unknown suri into his Rentfro Pokigron stuff etc.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 06-19-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yup, I've given Matt crap about dealing with only kahls as what i am mostly searching for is a sharp snowglow female if i go with another morph. Dont find too many sharps though as a lot of people just deal with kahls. And me personally, I'm on my locality BCC kick now and really want either a Peruvian, North Brazilian or a male Suri from Chris Wolf to go with Gina one day if i ever decide to breed.

Oh and if you ever decide to go with a BCC and want pure blood locality stuff, hit up Chris Wolf. Pretty much all his stock is from Gus Rentfro and Vin Russo as Vin and him are buddies and he believe in keeping all his stuff pure blood even the locality stuff like not mixing another unknown suri into his Rentfro Pokigron stuff etc.
    Yup i'll check him out.. And Vin is sending me a White Diamond the end of next month. They should hatch beginning of July.

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks
    What!!?? You bought a white diamond boa aka Princess white boa???!! Dude, adopt me!! I need a sugar daddy like you lol

And I didn't know Vin was breeding them. I thought only Jeremy Stone was making those things.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 06-19-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast