Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,119

1 members and 3,118 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

View Poll Results: How do you rate this single gene morph?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know what this animal is and think it is a below average specimen.

1 3.57%
  • I know what this animal is and think it is a average specimen.

9 32.14%
  • I know what this animal is and think it is a above average specimen.

4 14.29%
  • I don't know what it is and I don't like it.

2 7.14%
  • I don't know what it is and I like it.

12 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Rate A Single Gene Morph Poll #3

In the interest of a thread I started awhile back about rating single gene morphs I am going to make myself victim number 1. This is poll #3 in a series. Please vote honestly. If you do not like the animal I will not take it personally. I am purposely not saying what the morph is (it is not a mojave). Pictures were taken with an iphone with the animal inside a light tent. There was no flash used and no enhancements were applied. I really like this one and am interested in what others think. This girl is a beast. She loves to eat and is extremely well tempered.

Second up. 11 month old female at 1325 grams.

Thanks
    This is a phantom. Please tell me what you think is wrong and right with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    beautiful. How are you getting them so big, so young. my girl 10 months and 199g
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

Ciryluk3g (07-15-2017),JodanOrNoDan (06-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    now this is an above average Phantom. nice and dark adn not overly blushed, a mix of patterns that includes a a true alien head that looks like an indignant frog. it also looks like the dorsal pattern, dotting and tail stripe is nice and bright. (i know your using a light tent but it's hard to tell on that background. i think a white background would be better to show contrast.)

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (06-15-2017)

Thanks

Re: Rate A Single Gene Morph Poll #3

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    beautiful. How are you getting them so big, so young. my girl 10 months and 199g
    It is a trait I am specifically breeding for. I am trying to make better, as in easier to care for, ball pythons. Feeding issues are the most common complaints associated with ball pythons. Snakes that are this large definitely do not have feeding issues. Since feeding issues are often a byproduct of stress I am killing two birds with one stone. These specimens have super easy going dispositions and are extremely hard to stress out. They have not even used hides since they were very young. They have never been power fed. They just do not turn down meals and are moved up a size in rats as soon as it is safe to do so. They are now all on their permanent adult diets of one medium rat weekly.

I do have other lines that are not as large and do not have the feeding response these girls and their parents have. Eventually I hope to have a "super" version of the large gene. I may already. The father of these girls has produced quite a few offspring and has only thrown one reluctant feeder. All his babies but one are larger than average. Once I think I have the "large" isolated it will be bred into my smaller lines. The brother of these girls who is also large was already breeding at around three months. I have two of his clutches in the incubator now and I hope he proves that the size is genetic. The eggs are very large.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

BluuWolf (07-12-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    now this is an above average Phantom. nice and dark adn not overly blushed, a mix of patterns that includes a a true alien head that looks like an indignant frog. it also looks like the dorsal pattern, dotting and tail stripe is nice and bright. (i know your using a light tent but it's hard to tell on that background. i think a white background would be better to show contrast.)

Thank you. I really like this one. She is a full sister to the mojave and a half to the enchi. I think I really lucked out with this gene. The dad is a phantom/pin. It is very hard to tell with pin what the quality of the other genes is. I got him because I needed a phantom male and his color appeared ok. His main attraction though was that he was a big boy for his age and is super mellow. I have another phantom(het lavender) that thank god is going to finally drop some eggs. She is a nice looking girl right off Ralph Davis' rack, but at four years old is still under 2000 grams and looks like a dim light bulb next to this one.

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    This is a phantom. Please tell me what you think is wrong and right with it.
    Looked like a decent colored normal to me. I'm not familiar with phantoms though.
    For the Horde!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Looked like a decent colored normal to me. I'm not familiar with phantoms though.
    I find it interesting that many find the Phantom morph so blah. It is what you need though if you want to make stuff like these..

Half brother...

Full sister, same clutch, another beast.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    I find it interesting that many find the Phantom morph so blah. It is what you need though if you want to make stuff like these..

Half brother...

Full sister, same clutch, another beast.

I agree, I find it interesting as well especially since so many love mojave and I find them pretty similar. I actually love my new phantom. He has much more blushing than yours which I'm not sure if that's considered good or bad quality but I love how it looks and it's why I chose him. I got him to go with a couple of my mojave to try and make some purple snakes. I'm excited to see what I get, he could be ready later this year so I guess we'll see.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (07-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    I agree, I find it interesting as well especially since so many love mojave and I find them pretty similar. I actually love my new phantom. He has much more blushing than yours which I'm not sure if that's considered good or bad quality but I love how it looks and it's why I chose him. I got him to go with a couple of my mojave to try and make some purple snakes. I'm excited to see what I get, he could be ready later this year so I guess we'll see.
    Post a pic of him if you can. I'd love to see him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast