Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,028

2 members and 3,026 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carpet setup

Thanks

Carpet setup

I'm trying to get some ideas for a carpet Python display. So if you don't mind please post pictures of your carpet Python setups. I'm Just looking for a bit of inspiration. Thanks in advance everyone.
    Last edited by Tigerhawk; 06-07-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Carpet setup

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerhawk View Post
    I'm trying to get some ideas for a carpet Python display. So if you don't mind please post pictures of your carpet Python setups. I'm Just looking for a bit of inspiration. Thanks in advance everyone.
    Do a search,

But right now we are moving the discussion toward caging in this thread.

I have several photos posted. Rock (member here) is in the process of finalizing setup plans.
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-time-in-hides

Thanks
    I was just asking for some pictures of how creative everyone was. When setting up there enclosures. That's all. Yes I did a search before posting. I didn't find what I was looking for. I hate it when someone says do a search. If some doesn't want to help or contribute. Then please don't post do a search plan and simple. Just move on its simple.

Thanks

I was just asking for some pictures of how creative everyone was. When setting up there enclosures. That's all. Yes I did a search before posting. I didn't find what I was looking for. I hate it when someone says do a search. If some doesn't want to help or contribute. Then please don't post do a search plan and simple. Just move on its simple.
    Easy there, it was a suggestion and I did link you to a current discussion on the board in the Morelia forum with pictures. Was that not helpful?

Myself and a plethora of others have posted multiple pictures of our cages over the years. I'm the only one that has even acknowledged your post up to this point so settle back a tad.

If you "hate it" when somebody says, "do a search" maybe you should preface your post with wording that indicates you've already done a search, its that simple right?

I didn't have a lot of time to post up photos this morning which is why I made the suggestion. It was not to dismiss you or play your post down.

Now I have more time.

These are Pro-Line cages by Constrictors NW. The bottom houses a locality boa constrictor, the top a SD X Dwarf retic. Normally a royal is in the top cage. The retic is getting a 6 foot cage this summer. The royal will go back to the top cage here. The boa cage has a rock background.

Coastal carpet cage with 3D ledge rock background.

Carpet cage again.

First two cages again.

Coastal making use of her perches.

For a carpet python, I'd recommend a radiant heat panel, some good ceiling space 4 x 2 x 2 and perches. They are active and rather arboreal snakes.

Here is the dreaded "search" again, but I've done it for you. Images from google. Not all are great setups but you may see something you like.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carp...w=1280&bih=671

I see a few of my cages in there and some that belong to Reinz, another member here that has more carpets than I have.

This post took me a while which is why my limited time this morning prevented me from posting it then.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Gio; 06-08-2017 at 05:22 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (07-30-2017),redshepherd (06-10-2017),rock (06-08-2017)

Thanks
    I'm Sorry please accept my apology. I did jump the gun a bit there didn't I. It's funny how someone can post a tread about how their snake got out, how do I find it? They get thirty responses. I Got do a search for my one and only reply. It's not your fault, you were trying to help me. So again I'm so sorry. I'm Also sorry that you have such ugly snakes. And those displays of yours are horrible. I tell you what. I will send you my address so you can mail the whole ugly collection to me. Then you will not have to look at them ever again. . Really your setup and collection looks great. Those are the type of pictures I was looking for thanks.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tigerhawk For This Useful Post:

das_nooblet (06-09-2017),Gio (06-08-2017),rock (06-08-2017),tttaylorrr (06-08-2017)

Thanks

I'm Sorry please accept my apology. I did jump the gun a bit there didn't I. It's funny how someone can post a tread about how their snake got out, how do I find it? They get thirty responses. I Got do a search for my one and only reply. It's not your fault, you were trying to help me. So again I'm so sorry. I'm Also sorry that you have such ugly snakes. And those displays of yours are horrible. I tell you what. I will send you my address so you can mail the whole ugly collection to me. Then you will not have to look at them ever again. . Really your setup and collection looks great. Those are the type of pictures I was looking for thanks.
    No worries mate!

I wanted to post last night before bed and figured there'd be a few responses today. I looked and there were none so I figured I'd throw the search suggestion out and link you up with a current discussion to at least give the post an acknowledgement. Rock is in the same boat your are and you guys may be able to bounce ideas off each other too.

Typed words come off with no tone or voice inflections of friendliness on the internet.

I got into a jam with my wife the other day over a text message reply. Once I explained the intended meaning of my text we were laughing.

Misunderstanding is all this was. If I thought you were really that upset I would have never posted anything further on the topic.

Anytime you need a hand give a shout. I know other carpet folks are watching and assume they will eventually jump in here too. If not I have plenty more pictures.

Keep me/us posted on how things are coming along.
    Last edited by Gio; 06-08-2017 at 11:57 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

rock (06-09-2017)

Thanks
    It would be nice and I'm sure helpful if some others chimed in here.

My cages are just one of many options, and even though I linked a carpet cage search from Google, Tigerhawk may want to ask specific questions.

I know there are some good carpet keepers here.

Show off your best displays
    Last edited by Gio; 06-10-2017 at 07:40 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (07-30-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Carpet setup

I haven't posted previously because 3 out of 4 of mine are very basic and close to sterile; but for a reason. It seems that when my Coastals reached 3-4 years or the Seven foot mark they got very messy. Besides trashing the place and moving things around, the urates got really bad.

When they were younger there was usually just one pile of urates. Now, they are in 5-7 places spread all over the cage overnight. And think of the worst places that the urates could be and that is where they are.

I just dont don't want to do complete cage tear downs for cleaning. Cleaning urates out of driftwood and plastic leaves and vines are a major pain to me. So I went with a more minimalist approach.

Now on my Jungle girl is just 2.5 years and is not messy at all, so she has more natural stuff in her cage. Plus, she is very active and climbs a lot.

The two things that I believe are of great benefits for Carpets are poles and or shelves, and the skyhides.

They all rarely touched a traditional hide, but they spend time in their Skyhides. They seem to love hunting from them which makes feeding time much more fun for me.

Last edited by Reinz; 06-10-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-10-2017),jmcrook (06-10-2017),rock (06-11-2017)

Thanks
    I knew Reinz would not disappoint!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-10-2017),Reinz (06-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Ran out of time, I'll never understand this 10 minute limit for editing.

The white on the lower branch in the third photo is not urate, but rat fur from the first part of her meal. I wasn't about to try to remove that until she is out of feed mode in a few days.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-10-2017),rock (06-11-2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast