Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 854

1 members and 853 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mistreated Dog

Thanks

Re: Mistreated Dog

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    I'm curious as to what this dirt is... are we talking actual dirt? Outside on the ground, brown dirt.

I ask cause we give joint supplements to my wife's senior boxer and it looks just like dirt.
    It's actual dirt like from their yard or something. It has grass, roots, and sometimes worms in it. Definitely not a supplement .
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    I feel like the fact that they continue to bring the dog and pay for the service despite being repeatedly told that the service does not include being fed mice and dirt and restricting water is sufficient acceptance of those terms. If a customer were to go into a restaurant every week and insist on receiving broccoli and cheese soup without the broccoli, be told that it's not an option, and receive, eat, and pay for regular broccoli and cheese soup every time, I don't think it's incumbent on the restaurant to ban the customer. Clearly you're the kind of person who would do the sensible thing and just not go to that restaurant because they don't have what you want. Some people will not. I don't get their motivations, but as long as they're making the choice with full knowledge, why should the business stop them?
    I'm with ya there.

The fact that the person keeps bringing items the facility refuses to use tells me the dog's owner doesn't know it is not being used and is being thrown away. Certainly this guy isn't that wasteful that he would want mice and "dirt" he brings in thrown away. But maybe he is.

I really don't know what is going on as the facts have been trickling in since the start of the thread and we really don't have good information on this person's method. We really only have a outside person's observations.

It may be completely logical but outside the norm. That doesn't mean it is wrong. I don't agree with many people's lifestyle but that doesn't make it wrong. I don't have to like it and they don't have to like mine.

I think a serious conversation needs to happen so both sides are completely clear on what is going to be done and what is not. It should be clearly defined.
    Last edited by KMG; 05-30-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    The fact that the person keeps bringing items the facility refuses to use tells me the owners doesn't know it is not being used and is being thrown away. Certainly this guy isn't that wasteful that he would want mice and "dirt" he brings in thrown away.
    I think you'd be surprised about how many people would keep bringing it in anyway after being clearly and repeatedly told it will be thrown away (substitute any other clear instruction here where people will still insist on doing the opposite and be shocked when it's not allowed but continue to try the next time and the next). That's logical people brain speaking - it's a poor model for the behavior of probably at least 10% of the population. I've seen it in person more than enough.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

Kira (05-30-2017),Lizardlicks (05-30-2017),MissterDog (05-30-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I'm with ya there.

The fact that the person keeps bringing items the facility refuses to use tells me the dog's owner doesn't know it is not being used and is being thrown away. Certainly this guy isn't that wasteful that he would want mice and "dirt" he brings in thrown away. But maybe he is.

I really don't know what is going on as the facts have been trickling in since the start of the thread and we really don't have good information on this person's method. We really only have a outside person's observations.

It may be completely logical but outside the norm. That doesn't mean it is wrong. I don't agree with many people's lifestyle but that doesn't make it wrong. I don't have to like it and they don't have to like mine.

I think a serious conversation needs to happen so both sides are completely clear on what is going to be done and what is not. It should be clearly defined.
    I don't know what to tell you. We have talked to him. He no longer brings the mice but will still bring dirt half the time. Nope it's not logical to restrict a dog from drinking for 14 hours. That is wrong.
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kira For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (05-30-2017)

Thanks

I think you'd be surprised about how many people would keep bringing it in anyway after being clearly and repeatedly told it will be thrown away (substitute any other clear instruction here where people will still insist on doing the opposite and be shocked when it's not allowed but continue to try the next time and the next). That's logical people brain speaking - it's a poor model for the behavior of probably at least 10% of the population. I've seen it in person more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    I don't know what to tell you. We have talked to him. He no longer brings the mice but will still bring dirt half the time. Nope it's not logical to restrict a dog from drinking for 14 hours. That is wrong.
    KCL,
    You are probably right. He is probably hoping he gets a new person that doesn't know and agrees to use it.

Kira,
    I AGREE NOT ALLOWING WATER FOR 14 HOURS IS NOT GOOD. I've said that many times.

If your manager has discussed it with the owner that is all you can do until you're manager.
    KMG

Thanks
    Even with the amount of crazies in the world, this is like..unbelievable. What insane line of thinking leads people to make these choices?!? Can you take a picture of the dirt they give you? I'm genuinely curious.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sufficio For This Useful Post:

Kira (05-30-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sufficio View Post
    Even with the amount of crazies in the world, this is like..unbelievable. What insane line of thinking leads people to make these choices?!? Can you take a picture of the dirt they give you? I'm genuinely curious.
    Right? We have never experienced something like this here before. Sure, I can get a pic next time he comes in!
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sufficio View Post
    Hey! A little dirt don't hurt! Lol!

Yall should see some of the things I have as a LEO. Most are very sad.

I once found two emaciated pits in the backyard of a guy selling.......... let's just say they weren't girl scout cookies.

He had a choice of going to jail or buying dog food.

We went to the corner store and bought ever can of food they had.

I fed them that night and reported them to the SPCA who came the next day and picked them up.
    KMG

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Haha yeah, work in any retail setting for any amount of time and absolutely nothing a customer will say or do will ever surprise you again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizardlicks For This Useful Post:

Kira (05-30-2017)

Thanks

I would start by asking if it is their first dog, if it is then try to explain and instruct on proper dog care.

If it isn't then ask what was their past dogs and what were their results with them. And you can start building up from that. Information is the key.

For example my past dog was a golden lab, smart and clever as any. Learned to pee and poo outside and even how to jump and open the door in 1 day. But golden labs are ranked as #3 for dog smartness. Now I have a Great Dane ranked #32, obviously he took a couple of weeks to learn the trick but we got him to. Now his nickname is 32 LOL!

And every race has their own personality, golden labs are born to serve, they only think of how to make their masters happy and food. GD on the other hand well they behave more like cats, they have a great posture and walk very proud and will rarely obey an order they don't feel like.

Now on the food, my golden lab would it to death if allowed, the GD will eat just what he needs even if the plate is served all day long. Really every dog is different but specially every race is different. Probably they had a Chihuahua before and think everything is the same and want to feed him like his Chihuahua, who knows? I would strongly suggest to inquire the background and build up based on info. and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike17 For This Useful Post:

Kira (05-31-2017)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast