Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,095

1 members and 3,094 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Re: AP T8 Sealant dry time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmocken View Post
    Thats not exactly how supply side economics or opportunities of scale work. Ever notice how the more of something is made the cheaper it is? Either way they have a great product. Hopefully they continue to grow.
    But many times when production goes up, quality goes down.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (05-29-2017),PitOnTheProwl (05-29-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    One of the reasons they dont stock the cages is they just dont have the space for it. They are a small family/friend business and i believe they have 1 cutting machine only so they have to cut all the pieces for each cage off that. They arent a big factory running hundreds of people in a thousands of square foot building. Actually most of the cage 'companies' are small time like Ed Lily from Constrictors NW and Jeff Ronne from Boaphiles.

I dont see how AP is doing bad business practices as they are offering a very well made cage at a very affordable price. If they didnt break down the cages for shipping, the shipping would be double or triple what it is now. I would rather save that cash and spend 30 mins putting the cage together myself and sealing it. Not like its rocket science or hard to do.

As for growth. I dont think AP is looking to become a giant factory. Like i said, they are a small family business who seems happy doing what they are doing. I've talked to Ali on the phone quite a few times and I'm guessing she is working out of the house as her kid was sick one day and she was having to deal with him at the same time lol.

They seem to be doing fine right now as they have plenty of orders i'm sure. If you want something faster, build it yourself or order a cage from Reptile Basics. If you want an AP cage, you have to get in line and wait, plain and simple. It's like the Chic-fil-a restaurant in Bellevue. That place always has a drive thru line that stretches out of the parking lot and into the street but people still line up lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Thats not exactly how supply side economics or opportunities of scale work. Ever notice how the more of something is made the cheaper it is? Either way they have a great product. Hopefully they continue to grow.
    This CAN be true if labor is not increased. But the cages are made with lots of labor. Labor is a constant that will not bring prices down. If more parts are spit out it takes more labor costs which will not decrease, only increase.

What you are talking about has to do with assuming labor costs are cut because more is produced maybe due to new introduced technology.

Anyway I have been in the situation I wrote about. I don't need to hear about theories you were taught in school. When I got my business degree I was the only one in my business classes that was in business. The professors tried to ram so much BS down our throats I finally had to shut up in fear of my grades suffering.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    But you forgot to look at the people in the world today.......... "Its all about me"

I still do holsters but I do not enjoy it like I use to because everyone has the same thoughts, I should have them in stock...
    There are so many colors of Kydex and I use three different colors of leather and not to mention all the different models of sidearms!!
    No matter what I tried to do in the beginning it was either the wrong color combinations or they had model X with a tac light or laser....

SMH. People will find anything to complain about.

Thanks

In all honesty they have a bad business plan. They really should have standard cage sizes on hand to ship. There isn't any reason to have such a long lead time on a non customized enclosure. A little inventory management would boost their sales.
    As far as lead time on the cages, I think they are at a point in their business that they probably need to hire extra help or get additional equipment but maybe cant quite manage it yet..I do like the cages though..

Back in the day Vision cages were good, I bought 3 4x26x14 for 150 each brand new from the company.For whatever reason the prices of those have skyrocketed and I dont think they are worth what they are charging now.. So aside from Boaphile(overpriced) or Reptile Basics I dont know where else to buy from.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 05-29-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks

Re: Business Should do XYZ - Not That Simple

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    There are so many colors of Kydex and I use three different colors of leather and not to mention all the different models of sidearms!!
    No matter what I tried to do in the beginning it was either the wrong color combinations or they had model X with a tac light or laser....
    Let me guess - they wanted black, because "black goes with everything". I do leatherworking, started out for medieval re-enactment, still mostly belts, belt pouches, etc. I get sooooooooooooo sick of blackblackblackblack . . . Er, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (05-29-2017)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm nkt looking for instant gratification just for them to be a bit more upfront as to how long it actually takes. Like I said several times now, it's a good enclosure. Just wish as a consumer I was a little more informed by them as to how long this actually took.
    They are it's posted on their website and Ali will confirm your lead time when you place an order.

Bottom line you do not like their lead time, shop somewhere else there are other people with shorter lead time, or since you seems to be such an expert in caging and business why don't you start your own see and show everyone else are easy it is.
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Lizardlicks (05-31-2017),PitOnTheProwl (05-29-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    I want a suit of leather studded armor in pink and yellow with a GIANT daisy on the chestplate!! And is there any way you can have that done and shipped in 3 days?........Sorry couldnt resist
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    I have a long reply, but I'm going to go drop it in the general business talk section, as it wandered off the sealant dry time topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Merged with split
    Deborah Stewart

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    They are it's posted on their website and Ali will confirm your lead time when you place an order.

Bottom line you do not like their lead time, shop somewhere else there are other people with shorter lead time, or since you seems to be such an expert in caging and business why don't you start your own see and show everyone else are easy it is.
    I was gonna say, they have right on their terms of sale page, which is the very first link at the top of the home page:

Customer will be informed of estimated lead times when placing their order
    Seems pretty upfront to me???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast