Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,802

0 members and 2,802 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: AP T8 Sealant dry time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    I was gonna say, they have right on their terms of sale page, which is the very first link at the top of the home page:

Seems pretty upfront to me???
    Yep and it's always been like that I have been doing business with them for a decade now, and lead time has ALWAYS been on their site and always confirmed via email when an order is placed, plus Ali will also answer any question any customer has.

Amazing for some people with such a "bad business plan" to still be in business and be one of the top PVC cage and rack manufacturer.
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (05-31-2017),Reinz (05-31-2017)

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    Custom stuff takes time-I usually have to wait months for good shipping weather for my snakes, planning and ordering ahead doesn't bother me. After the first cage I just bought for future animals and then filled them, reptiles I look more long term, planning to have these cages and the animals for decades so what's a few months? I have boaphiles and just tack another month on whatever Jeff says lol.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Cage manufacturing and lead time. Is there a better way?

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda2 View Post
    As far as lead time on the cages, I think they are at a point in their business that they probably need to hire extra help or get additional equipment but maybe cant quite manage it yet..I do like the cages though..

Back in the day Vision cages were good, I bought 3 4x26x14 for 150 each brand new from the company.For whatever reason the prices of those have skyrocketed and I dont think they are worth what they are charging now.. So aside from Boaphile(overpriced) or Reptile Basics I dont know where else to buy from.
    You think they are at a point in their business? I didn't realize you had all the details of how their operations work. Well now that I know you have all the details I'll come to you when I want an update on my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I want a suit of leather studded armor in pink and yellow with a GIANT daisy on the chestplate!! And is there any way you can have that done and shipped in 3 days?........Sorry couldnt resist
    You sir have stolen my idea and despite the subtle changes, that was my idea 1st. I wanted pink and black because black goes with everything and I wanted a GIANT sunflower on the chest plate. You thief! I' shall see you on the battlefield of daisies!

I've been in contact with AP to have an economy rack built but adjusted to hold vision tubs. It was so cheap that I had to read the e-mail again because I thought that was per shelf. It would be 10 - 12 weeks for manufacturing which isn't that bad considering it's essentially a customized EP rack. I don't need it rushed to me because everyone is fine with their current setup and based on the interactions I've had with them so far, I will be ordering from them again in the future. I could go with someone local but his prices are through the roof compared to AP. To me, if it's going to take a minimum of 10 weeks due to their current volume, that says they are clearly doing something right if there are that many people ahead of me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bmocken View Post
    Honestly I'm a little annoyed by the whole thing. Animal Plastics should be a little more upfront on how long it's going to be before you can actually put your snake into the cage. 3+ weeks for a quick ship enclosure with zero customization and then I actually get it and put it together to find out I have to wait even longer because sealant needs time to dry properly. I'll be happy with the enclosure once it's usable but that doesn't change my irritation now.
    Why are you irritated exactly? They say quick ship item, but were you expecting it to ship that same day? No. If you were interested in how long then ask. If YOU would of asked they would of told you it's a 3-4 week lead time. That IS quick ship, if you compare it to the other cages which take 9-12 weeks lead time. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but your irritation is your fault for not asking how questions. Sealant always takes time to dry, depends on a variety of things. Next time ask questions. They're always up front and I've been doing business with them for years. They have high lead times because they take care of their customers and their cages are second to none in quality.
    Last edited by Neal; 06-19-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (06-19-2017)

Thanks

My cage shipped out today, almost exactly to the day of the 21 day estimate . They have been very responsive to my inquiries.

So far I have a good impression of them from the ordering process, to the few communications we have had.

I'm ok with the wait, the only thing I think they should tweak is their website. Specifically the pictures of the racks, it's hard to get a good view on some. I almost ordered the wrong one because the tab for the 4/8 Rack is by a picture of the 6/12.

But, they have a small company feel , and I get the impression so far that customer satisfaction is important to them...which is refreshing . I'll know more on Friday, but if it's like I expect I'll be ordering a 2nd one before I actually need it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Snake For This Useful Post:

andrewross8705 (07-05-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Snake View Post
    My cage shipped out today, almost exactly to the day of the 21 day estimate . They have been very responsive to my inquiries.

So far I have a good impression of them from the ordering process, to the few communications we have had.

I'm ok with the wait, the only thing I think they should tweak is their website. Specifically the pictures of the racks, it's hard to get a good view on some. I almost ordered the wrong one because the tab for the 4/8 Rack is by a picture of the 6/12.

But, they have a small company feel , and I get the impression so far that customer satisfaction is important to them...which is refreshing . I'll know more on Friday, but if it's like I expect I'll be ordering a 2nd one before I actually need it.

My rack arrived and is now assembled. I give it a 5 out of 5 stars so far. Very satisfied. I'll be placing another order in a couple weeks to get another rack on the way

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234