Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,932

1 members and 1,931 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Cage manufacturing and lead time. Is there a better way?

Honestly I'm a little annoyed by the whole thing. Animal Plastics should be a little more upfront on how long it's going to be before you can actually put your snake into the cage. 3+ weeks for a quick ship enclosure with zero customization and then I actually get it and put it together to find out I have to wait even longer because sealant needs time to dry properly. I'll be happy with the enclosure once it's usable but that doesn't change my irritation now.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Re: AP T8 Sealant dry time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmocken View Post
    Honestly I'm a little annoyed by the whole thing. Animal Plastics should be a little more upfront on how long it's going to be before you can actually put your snake into the cage. 3+ weeks for a quick ship enclosure with zero customization and then I actually get it and put it together to find out I have to wait even longer because sealant needs time to dry properly. I'll be happy with the enclosure once it's usable but that doesn't change my irritation now.
    I can see how you are annoyed 😒

But now moving forward, if you expand you will have a good handle on the planning.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    As for being upfront. You know you have to assemble the cage yourself which takes about 30 mins and you dont have to seal it if you dont want. You will just have piss seeping into the cracks and draining out on your floor. So technically, the cage is ready for a snake in like 30 mins. If you are looking for a already assembled plug and play cage, then check out Boaphiles. But be prepared to pay a lot more for the same size caging.

Thing about caging is you should already have a set up ready to go before you even bring home the snake. And when it's time to upsize the caging, the old caging obviously will still work for the 3 months or so it takes to get a new cage ready.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 05-29-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (05-31-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I usually give it a week to dry.

As for being upfront. You know you have to assemble the cage yourself which takes about 30 mins and you dont have to seal it if you dont want. You will just have piss seeping into the cracks and draining out on your floor. So technically, the cage is ready for a snake in like 30 mins. If you are looking for a already assembled plug and play cage, then check out Boaphiles. But be prepared to pay a lot more for the same size caging.

Thing about caging is you should already have a set up ready to go before you even bring home the snake. And when it's time to upsize the caging, the old caging obviously will still work for the 3 months or so it takes to get a new cage ready.
    I already have an enclosure. This is an upgrade and I have time but it doesn't change the fact it's annoying.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

I already have an enclosure. This is an upgrade and I have time but it doesn't change the fact it's annoying.
    Lol yeah. I'm pretty much used to it now as i have a few AP cages and have had other PVC cages. My advice though is do a REALLY good job sealing it the first time so you dont have to redo it in a year or so lol. I'm going to have to reseal my T10s as soon as i get the gang into the T25s. Then after i reseal the T10s, i can put the gang from the T8s into the T10s. Luckily i sealed the T8s really well and clean so i wont have to mess with those again.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (05-31-2017)

Thanks
    The wait time is excruciating for those of us with little patience.
    Ive still got a few more to buy and I have to save up so its even longer to wait. Hopefully by the end of this year I will have at least 5 new cages total.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 05-29-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda2 View Post
    I finally got my t10 on friday and have it sealed, that stuff stinks and is a sticky mess. But I think I did a better job this time then with the first t10. I waited a week last time for it to cure. This time I am going to switch out my boa to the new cage and reseal the other one because I did such a horrible job the first time.By the third one I should be a pro.
    The wait time is excruciating for those of us with little patience.
    Ive still got a few more to buy and I have to save up so its even longer to wait. Hopefully by the end of this year I will have at least 5 new cages total.
    In all honesty they have a bad business plan. They really should have standard cage sizes on hand to ship. There isn't any reason to have such a long lead time on a non customized enclosure. A little inventory management would boost their sales.

As for sealing how how can you tell how good of a job you did? Mine looks sealed with a nice line of sealant.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Having a bunch of products in stock adds to the overhead of the business. That's not the best business plan either.

What you need to be concerned with is the quality of the cage you just bought. I guarantee it is top notch as AP products always are. Having to wait three weeks for such a high quality product seems very reasonable to me.

I have three large cages I ordered from a different place and it took almost a year for me to get all three. I was not very happy about that and I never recommended them to anybody. They are working fine but considering the wait time they were not as well made or made out of as good of material as the AP products.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (06-01-2017),Reinz (05-29-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Having a bunch of products in stock adds to the overhead of the business. That's not the best business plan either.

What you need to be concerned with is the quality of the cage you just bought. I guarantee it is top notch as AP products always are. Having to wait three weeks for such a high quality product seems very reasonable to me.

I have three large cages I ordered from a different place and it took almost a year for me to get all three. I was not very happy about that and I never recommended them to anybody. They are working fine but considering the wait time they were not as well made or made out of as good of material as the AP products.
    It can be done more efficiently.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

It can be done more efficiently.
    It sure can.....for a price. You want to pay it?

You are going to be hard pressed to find another builder at their price point that offers such a high quality product both in design and materials.

They have excellent customer service and are highly thought of in the hobby, for good reason.
    Last edited by KMG; 05-29-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

andrewross8705 (06-20-2017),CALM Pythons (06-01-2017),PitOnTheProwl (05-29-2017),Reinz (05-29-2017)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast