Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,185

3 members and 3,182 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Retic male size

Thanks

Retic male size

I have burms for many years and looking a tiger or albino retic. I had a buddy who's female got to 18 feet. What would be the average size for a male do you think...on a normal feeding regiment. Not power feeding etc?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    I would guess 12-14'. My SD white tiger het snow male is just over a year old and he's easily 6.5' and he's 37.5% SD, 31.5 dwarf, and 31% mainland. He is fed a large rat weekly. i expect him to top out around 10'.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Re: Retic male size

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I would guess 12-14'. My SD white tiger het snow male is just over a year old and he's easily 6.5' and he's 37.5% SD, 31.5 dwarf, and 31% mainland. He is fed a large rat weekly. i expect him to top out around 10'.

That was my thought as well. I have looked at dwarfs but not in my price range at this time

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts
    I have a male purple albino and a male platinum tiger. The albino is younger and was fed very conservatively by his prior owner, he's 11-12' at four years old. The platinum tiger is six years old and we purchased as a proven breeder. He was 10' at the time and has gone up to 13' in the two years we've had him. Neither were ever power fed.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

I had a normal male that got to be 10-11ft before he was 2 years old! He surpassed my female burn who, at the time, was almost 4 years old. He wasn't power fed, he was nice and lean but muscular. He was fed every 14 days.

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk

Thanks

From what I've seen and read it's really going to depend on the parents genetics. I've got a platty phantom who I expect to top out around 8-9 foot as his father was a platinum phantom goldenchild at 8 foot and his mom was a 13 foot het orange ghost stripe. Given that I don't think he'll get super huge even with the platinum in him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

I have a Lavender Albino who reached 11 feet by his second birthday. Fed once a week till he was roughly 16 months>>> Here's the kicker-He went off food for 8 months! I tried everything you can think of to get him to eat. Switched temps, gave him a hide, blocked the front of his enclosure with cardboard, blah blah blah.---Then got some advise from someone, who told me, just leave him alone. He said keep the temps and humidity where they should be, and just let him be. He told me when he wants to eat, you will know. lol Crazy rite? Well, I listened, and stopped offering food. Then just two days ago, I went in the room I keep him in, and noticed he was very alert. Hadn't seen him like that in a while. Defrosted a large retired breeder rat and proceeded to feed, and he denied it again. SMH-----Next day, after he denied the food, I noticed him very alert again, So I said "I'm going to try again". FINALLY!!!!! He took a meal! I plan on giving him another feeding today. So happy he came around!

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wish View Post
    I have a Lavender Albino who reached 11 feet by his second birthday. Fed once a week till he was roughly 16 months>>> Here's the kicker-He went off food for 8 months! I tried everything you can think of to get him to eat. Switched temps, gave him a hide, blocked the front of his enclosure with cardboard, blah blah blah.---Then got some advise from someone, who told me, just leave him alone. He said keep the temps and humidity where they should be, and just let him be. He told me when he wants to eat, you will know. lol Crazy rite? Well, I listened, and stopped offering food. Then just two days ago, I went in the room I keep him in, and noticed he was very alert. Hadn't seen him like that in a while. Defrosted a large retired breeder rat and proceeded to feed, and he denied it again. SMH-----Next day, after he denied the food, I noticed him very alert again, So I said "I'm going to try again". FINALLY!!!!! He took a meal! I plan on giving him another feeding today. So happy he came around!
    Feeding rats at 11 ft? Why not switch to baby/small rabbits? Mine was on smalls at that size and it left a nice lump in him

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk

Thanks

I actually do have a few rabbits in the freezer for him. I just have an abundance of very large rats as well. I tried to give him 1 during that 8 month stretch of him not eating. I buy everything in bulk, so I have it on hand. Just haven't made the transition over to them yet.