Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,215

2 members and 3,213 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Great reptile shop in Denver

The other day my younger brother told me about a reptile shop in Denver called Reptillian Haven. He said it was great shop and gave me a comparision to a few other shops and said this was the best, so I checked it out. I had to admit I was totally blown away. He specialized in Boas but his selection of other breeds of snakes was spectacular (Ball pythons, corns, miksnakes, and even rattle snakes). He easily had over 50 differnt snakes for sale, and that was not counting the lizards he had there. He has on display (not for sale) an Albino adult rattlesnake that he resucued 15 years ago(i'm not a big fan of poisonious snakes) it just blew me away because of the sheer beauty of it. On top of that I've never seen healthier looking snakes in any pet store I have ever been to. Well I got to talking to owner of the store and found out he had been a breeder for over 25 years. Well we got to talking some more and I brought up the subject of breeding rats. Randy then proceeded to take me into the back of the shop where he showed me his entire setup. My jaw litterlally droped. He had over 3,000 rats in the back and I had never seen cleaner rat cages except after a clean on my own holder tanks(No lie I saw next to no rat poop in any of the holders{most holders housed at least 500-700 rats for the feeders). He had a wall committed to actual breeder rats, a holder for retired rats, another holder for next generation breeders, and few holding cages for some special projects he was doing, and then the normal feeder cages. His selection of snakes in the back was even better than in the front (but he made it very clear nothing is for sale in the back). He also took me through a tour of his quarentine area, his warm room, his incubation room. I've never seen anything quite like it. He told me he had bred most of the popular snakes (BP, Burms, retic's, milks) but this was his first year ever breeding Corns. He showed me the first of his clutches to be hatched and the differnt color variations were unbelieveable. If anyone ever plans to visit or move to Colorado, Make sure to look these guys up and go for a visit. I promise it will be worth the trip.
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

BPnet Veteran BallPythonBabe448's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Great reptile shop in Denver

Sounds awesome! It reminds me of a herp shop I went to down here in Ga, had everything!

Sounds like you had a good time! Good ffor yoU!
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reka)

Thanks

Oh wow that sounds wonderful! Wish we were closer to check out that place.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ballpythonbabe,

I live in GA too. Where was the show?

Thanks

Your talkin about the off Shardon by Lakeside right?

Thanks

That is the one. Right across the street from Lakeside on the south side. Have you been there?
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

Thanks

Yep. I been going there for years. I actually was just there today pickin up a feeder. BTW, where is the herp show going to be?

Thanks

I don't have the address on me but I will post it for you tommorrow. Do you think they add something extra in the rat feed. If you go to Scales N Tails or any where else nothing is comparable to the size and muscle mass of their snakes ( heck it could be just good genetics). I do know that they do feed a special rat chow made from Purina, heck I got on the boat and bought some for my holder tank, they do sell large bags for $6.
    4est

Thanks

I couldn't really tell ya. I guess I never really thought about it before but now u get me thinkin. Maybe they just take better care of there animals. Just from talkin to them they seem to know alot more then the people i have talked to at Scales N Tails. Also if u noticed most of there babys are housed individually as where Scales N Tails keeps all there babys (balls for example) in one huge tank so maybe they just eat better at R.H.. Next time i am in there i think im going to ask and see if the owner breeds there own snakes or If they get them from one or multiple breeders. One of the guys at Scales and Tails did tell me that they get there snakes from more then one source so that might have something to do with it. I dunno.

Thanks

That Reptile show is being held at the Holiday Inn Convention (It is still the hotel) off of Chambers and I-70... I think Single admission is $8 and Family Admission is $15.
    4est