Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,873

0 members and 2,873 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Reptile Basics cages compared to Animal plastics?

Ive got AP cages, well I have one T10 with another on order for the last 13 weeks Still waiting for it. I also have a quick ship T8 Im waiting on as well, Im a bit disgusted with the wait time so been looking at Reptile Basics cages. I cant get a shipping quote for some reason.The 2x4 is almost a hundred bucks more so wondered if it included shipping? Are they worth that extra cash? How long does shipping take?

Thanks all.

Thanks

Re: Reptile Basics cages compared to Animal plastics?

I can't speak to the cost or shipping time but I have had Reptile Basic cages in the past and was very happy with them. I would say they are very comparable to AP. I think the one drawback is that they only offer swing doors - not sliding doors. Nor do they offer glass.

At least they didn't back when I ordered them.
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to L.West For This Useful Post:

Miranda2 (05-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    "All good things come to those who wait" Nuff said

And with that said, I too have AP cages(3 T10, 3 T8, and 3 T25 on order) and i love them. The wait does suck but they are superior imo. And Ali is awesome. My T10s have a couple spots out in the LEDs they installed and when i called Ali to place my order for the T25s, she said she would send me 3 LEDs free to fix my T10s. I told just send them with the T25s as i am not going to do cage rearranging until the T25s get here.

I have never used the RBI cages but they are only available in 12" height from what i know. Also i would triple check the kind of PVC they use as not all PVC is the same. I like APs CDPVC as it is less porous so it doesnt soak up urates and its easy to just wipe the stuff up without any staining.

For the bang for the buck, i dont think you can beat AP. Only downside is the long wait but they are a family business with i believe only one cutting machine and lots of clients.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

KWAddict (05-24-2017),Miranda2 (05-24-2017)

Thanks
    I know they are small business, which is great, but geez, my snakes are languishing in tubs and I really need these cages.
    Ive been so patient and was excited to get the cage this last week but still no cage...And I can only afford to buy one at a time so I feel like this is taking years.
    I will be buying two more t8 size cages in July. I do want them to all match.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    "All good things come to those who wait" Nuff said

And with that said, I too have AP cages(3 T10, 3 T8, and 3 T25 on order) and i love them. The wait does suck but they are superior imo. And Ali is awesome. My T10s have a couple spots out in the LEDs they installed and when i called Ali to place my order for the T25s, she said she would send me 3 LEDs free to fix my T10s. I told just send them with the T25s as i am not going to do cage rearranging until the T25s get here.

I have never used the RBI cages but they are only available in 12" height from what i know. Also i would triple check the kind of PVC they use as not all PVC is the same. I like APs CDPVC as it is less porous so it doesnt soak up urates and its easy to just wipe the stuff up without any staining.

For the bang for the buck, i dont think you can beat AP. Only downside is the long wait but they are a family business with i believe only one cutting machine and lots of clients.
    Did you have to special order the LED lighting? I don't see it listed on their page. Also, do you have any issues with snakes pulling down the LED lights? My snake room is my basement, so I really prefer to have lights in my cages. The last time I bought AP cages, I had to get the fluorescent lights and the snakes tore them down.
    Malcolm, '12 normal | Alice, '14 Pied | Sebastían, '15 Mojave | Damián, '16 Albino

View My iHerp Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda2 View Post
    ... Reptile Basics cages. I cant get a shipping quote for some reason...
    coz its free

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
    Did you have to special order the LED lighting? I don't see it listed on their page. Also, do you have any issues with snakes pulling down the LED lights? My snake room is my basement, so I really prefer to have lights in my cages. The last time I bought AP cages, I had to get the fluorescent lights and the snakes tore them down.
    The LED lighting isnt put up on their site. You have to call in and have Ali put it on your order. I gave her grief about it a long time ago and they still havent updated it lol.

As for pulling down the lighting, they cant. They are recessed into the roof of the cage by a channel they route and then the light strip is tucked up into it. The cord comes out the top of the left side of the cage and is routed in a channel out the back so another cage can sit on top without interfering with it. Thats why i ordered them. I too got tired of my boas pulling down the light cords and stuff. i can try and get a couple pics of it to show you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
    The last time I bought AP cages, I had to get the fluorescent lights and the snakes tore them down.
    How did they manage to do that??? O_o
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    My boas would pull down the cords all the time. They just get between the cage top and the cord and 'sit' on it. Their body weight will pull the cord down or if the cord is secured from the outside, usually the light will give and pull off the screws. Only way i've really found to secure the cords inside the cage is using screw down cable clamps but i personally hate making lots of holes in my cages. To me it just seems like more places for bacteria and stuff to hide in if you ever dont need whatever was mounted there.

I'm not sure how Ap mounts their fluorescent fixtures but if it's anything like mine were in my old cages, they are just secured in with 2 little phillips head screws that you screw in about 1/8" and the light has a slide and lock tab. I'd show you what i mean but i sold my old Pro-Line cage and all my APs are ordered the same way......sliding glass doors, locks, LEDs, shelf and flexwatt belly heat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (06-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    My boas would pull down the cords all the time. They just get between the cage top and the cord and 'sit' on it. Their body weight will pull the cord down or if the cord is secured from the outside, usually the light will give and pull off the screws. Only way i've really found to secure the cords inside the cage is using screw down cable clamps but i personally hate making lots of holes in my cages. To me it just seems like more places for bacteria and stuff to hide in if you ever dont need whatever was mounted there.

I'm not sure how Ap mounts their fluorescent fixtures but if it's anything like mine were in my old cages, they are just secured in with 2 little phillips head screws that you screw in about 1/8" and the light has a slide and lock tab. I'd show you what i mean but i sold my old Pro-Line cage and all my APs are ordered the same way......sliding glass doors, locks, LEDs, shelf and flexwatt belly heat.
    How much of a price difference are the LEDS compared to the fluorescent lights? I already ordered a AP T12 with fluorescent lights but I'm wondering if I should consider asking to change the lights. I'm hoping since I'm getting a taller cage my bp will be less inclined to actively try and sit on the cord. Is this a likely thing to happen or would you say it was unique to your boas?
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast