I have purchased a new boa 3 weeks ago. He is a common Boa but I was told by the clerk who sold it to me that he was a Central American Boa, Oh well I don't care I just liked this particular snake. At this store their is no price differences in boas except for a Gunyan, so no harm no fowl. I've always wanted a large snake but I made a deal with myself a long time ago that I would only get a baby, that way the snake can get a feel for me and likewise with no outside influence. Well The clerk didn't know exactly how old this snake was but by his size 17inches and girth (a little thicker than a straw from burger king) at purchase Im guessing about 1-2 months old tops. Since then he has become an established eater grown 2 inches and tripled in girth (based on his neck size). His eyes have just cleared so I'm also expecting his first shed any time now. I feed him live rat hoppers for now but will plan on switching to pre-killed in time, he just doesn't want P/K yet. He will only spend time in the air. I have vines throughout his cage and he will never leave them (he even dangles to get a drink) Here in Colorado we have little to none as far as humidity goes so I mist him down once before and after work and the results are great. He has yet to use his hide and I do maintain around 75% humidity in his cage (as long as I mist). His warm side is maintained at a constant 91 degrees, his cool side is room temperture, so it fluxuates. Tempermant is calm except when he is near his heat source, then he will get possed by satan himself (Quick I need a young priest and an old priest) but as soon as you remove him from the enclosure back to his same calm self. I just want to say so far my experiance with Ghengis Kahn has been great and he is fast becomming my favorite (Cleopatra my corn snake still holds the title).