Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,269

3 members and 3,266 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: hoping to get a blood soon

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Humidity should be 50-60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    50% - 55% (currently 51%) is the base humidity in my snake room (during the summer), but I also mist their tubs down once a day/every other day, too. So, that increases the humidity significantly for a few hours at a time. My tubs have really good airflow, so they only stay moist for a few hours at a time. So far, i've had nothing but full sheds and they're all eating and doing great. It gets really dry here during the winter months, though. Sometimes the humidity in my snake room will get as low as 16% during the winter. I am definitely getting a humidifier to run 24/7 in my snake room before this winter.

Just out of curiosity, I checked the current weather forecast for Bankok, Thailand and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. There is rain in the forecast for both areas every day for the next 7 days. The humidity is currently 80% in Kuala Lumpur (temperature 81 degrees) and 90% in Bankok (temperature 80 degrees). So, I would say that this species is accustomed to much higher humidity in the wild. At least this time of year...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    50% - 55% (currently 51%) is the base humidity in my snake room (during the summer), but I also mist their tubs down once a day/every other day, too. So, that increases the humidity significantly for a few hours at a time. My tubs have really good airflow, so they only stay moist for a few hours at a time. So far, i've had nothing but full sheds and they're all eating and doing great. It gets really dry here during the winter months, though. Sometimes the humidity in my snake room will get as low as 16% during the winter. I am definitely getting a humidifier to run 24/7 in my snake room before this winter.

Just out of curiosity, I checked the current weather forecast for Bankok, Thailand and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. There is rain in the forecast for both areas every day for the next 7 days. The humidity is currently 80% in Kuala Lumpur (temperature 81 degrees) and 90% in Bankok (temperature 80 degrees). So, I would say that this species is accustomed to much higher humidity in the wild. At least this time of year...
    Most of the time my room hangs around 55% in summer I only spray them when they are in blue. In winter I run 2 humidifiers in my room and it stays about 50-55%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Goode05 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-05-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post

They are, but in captivity, it's hard to get sufficient airflow in cages and racks most of the time. The higher humidity can cause more problems than it helps if it encourages molds and bacteria to grow in an enclosed space. I think it's just recommended to keep the humidity a little lower to avoid this and just because it's not really necessary, except before shedding. I keep mine less humid, but flood the cages when they clear up right before shedding. As long as they have access to fresh water, the cage doesn't really have to be sopping wet. My pet room stays on the humid side anyway...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aahmn For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-04-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12