Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,729

0 members and 2,729 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile Yellow and Black morphs

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I am very new to the BP world and know a bit after some research. I just got one and I am thinking about getting another one. I am not going to breed, and while there are many that I really, really like, I plan on not getting carried away and so this second BP will most likely be it for me.

For my next BP I would prefer a pastel desert ghost, however, they are too expensive right now for someone like me who is just a beginner that just want them as pets. $350 is the most I will spend on this one.

I basically want a morph with an intense vibrant yellow that does not go away with age that has nice black markings/patterns and some white color next to it. Besides the pastel desert ghost that I can't afford, I have looked at fireflys, super enchi pastels, orange dream fire and the regular ghost desert. From videos, it seems like the ghost desert turns white with age, or am I wrong? And from pictures some of the desert ghost seems to have some white color, which I like, while some don't. So are all morphs, appearance-wise, a bit different even though they are the same type?

Of these 4 morphs, which one will keep its intense yellow and black patterns all it's life? Is there another morph I didn't list here that I should consider that's in my budget?

If anyone can help me on choosing my next BP I would appreciate it. Thanks

Thanks
    Go with superfly mojave or something similar. There's one to be had for under $350 on mm right now if you negotiate. If you want bolder yellow, a firefly with enchi can be had for your budget. There are a lot of options out there. Just remember that some sellers will negotiate with you on mm, so if it is just a tad over your budget, the seller might accommodate.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    It sounds like you want a pastel desert ghost. I don't blame you, they are my favorite as well. As far as I know, nothing comes even close to the bright clean yellow and dark ink black combo of this morph. If your sure that's what you'd like, you might be best holding out for a baby boy. They shouldn't be too far out of your price range and they will eventually come down a little. If you get something else, you'll probably be disappointed and end up getting what you really want down the road anyway lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    So are all morphs, appearance-wise, a bit different even though they are the same type?
    Yes, and some morphs can vary a lot more than others! People refer to clean pattern and vibrant color as "high quality" examples of morphs, but that's also subjective if you're just looking for a pet. It just depends on what you like.

Also, pastel orange dream, firefly enchi, pastel enchi ghost?

I just browse morphmarket and sort by a gene and price range.

Thanks
    I looked at the Enchi Firefly, they are very pretty and within my budget. So the color these morphs don't go away with age? refretic, which morph is that on your picture?

Thanks
    ohh nvm, its the one I want

Thanks

Re: Yellow and Black morphs

Quote Originally Posted by newBUMBLEbee View Post
    I looked at the Enchi Firefly, they are very pretty and within my budget. So the color these morphs don't go away with age? refretic, which morph is that on your picture?
    Well, you can find these on mm as adults as well and you judge for yourself. The fire Gene is known to get better with age.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newBUMBLEbee View Post
    You guessed right, she's a pastel desert ghost. She's up to 1100 grams and looks as good as ever. You can find young males for about $500-$600 right now. A bit out of your price range but worth it 😬

Some of the other combos mentioned are beautiful but I've never seen an adult with the kind of bright yellow and dark black contrast like you get with the pastel desert ghost. I have a lot of other nice combos but my pastel desert ghost girl blows them all away imo.

Thanks

I got a super pastel vanilla for 120 and she is gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rjr24777 For This Useful Post:

Marzipan (06-14-2017),Monty44 (05-23-2017)

Thanks
    Man its hard to choose, no wonder people have a lot of BPs lol. I narrowed down my choices a bit, to orange dream fire or some type of pastel/enchi

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast