Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 989

3 members and 986 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    I did some additional pictures of junglecorn girl, but it's hard to capture her real colors. The yellow is slightly greenish and it looks very cool, but the camera doesn't really catch this.

0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis guttatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (02-15-2018),Prognathodon (02-14-2018)

Thanks
    Lastly we have our Elaphe schrenckii pair! Artemis, normal female, and Orion, melanistic male:

Since our ball python is in shed and the corn snake is ill I don't have any actual pictures of them (yet).
    Last edited by Sylphie; 02-19-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis guttatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (02-19-2018),Starscream (02-19-2018)

Thanks
    Just a quick and sad update: I needed to sell Orion (melanistic schrenckii) last month since we needed money asap and he was the most "expensive" snake we had I'm so sad about it, I'm not really sure I will get back to breeding snakes.
    We have 10 eggs from Artemis&Orion pairing but I'm not sure if they will hatch since some of them seem to be too dry while others seem to have issues wth mold... It looks like they have too much humidity and are too dry at the same time.

I also needed to rehome two of our three beardies since our living conditions changed a lot and we couldn't fit proper enclosures in our current flat. Now we have 8 reptiles and 2 dogs and it looks like it will stay this way for foreseeable future. Even if we will be able to fit more enclosures one day, I'm not really sure if I will still want to get more reptiles as after being "forced" by life to rehome three of my favourites I kinda lost a small part of my heart for this hobby.

Good thing is that one of the beardies went to my sister and I visit her a lot while the other one is with my friend so at least I can still be a part of their life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    I am so sorry your family is going thru so much. You have such a beautiful collection, I'm sure it has broken your heart to part with them. If I was local to you I would have scooped up your sweet schrenckii male in a heartbeat.

Hang in there Sylphie and all my best to your family! The hard times come in waves, I'm sure better days are just around the corner.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Thanks

Re: Sylphie's colubrids (pic heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    I am so sorry your family is going thru so much. You have such a beautiful collection, I'm sure it has broken your heart to part with them. If I was local to you I would have scooped up your sweet schrenckii male in a heartbeat.

Hang in there Sylphie and all my best to your family! The hard times come in waves, I'm sure better days are just around the corner.
    Thank you so much!
    It's not the end of the world but those three reptiles were ones of the "I'll never ever get rid of you" pets we have, it would be a lot easier if they were just a breeder collection purely for breeding purposes. I just knew it was for the best since sure, I could keep all three beardies in tiny enclosures and fit them into our flat but that would be soo extremely irresponsible of me. I also could have kept Orion but that would end with us not having a place to live, so yeah, life is about hard decisions sometimes. I believe it will be better soon too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123