Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,354

3 members and 2,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Albino question

Thanks

Albino question

Has anyone bred a Lavender Albino with a regular? They're both T-, aren't they? Just wondering.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Re: Albino question

Ralph Davis has bred them together for a couple of years in a row now, to date, all of the eggs have gone bad.

If I remember correctly, he suspects it's the female he's been using and this season is trying a different girl.

As far as them both being T- .... your guess is as good as anyone’s ... to the best of my knowledge a tyrosinase test has never been done on any type of albino ball python. It's all just assumed up to this point.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

I didn't know that about the test never being done. I can't imagine what would be produced if they were compatible, though. Should be interesting.

BTW, is there anything that Ralph HASN'T tried? I'd love to work in his "lab" for a year. : Imagine a lavender albino super cinnamon. Perhaps an all purple snake?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xdeus
    Imagine a lavender albino super cinnamon. Perhaps an all purple snake?
    Or a caramel albino supper cinny ... one way or the other, it'll get done!

As far as combos that Ralph hasn't done ... well, I'm pretty sure that even Ralph will admit that Kev@NERD has cornered the market on playing mad scientist with different ball python morphs ... I think Kevin has more designer crosses than the next 2 guys combined!!!

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks

Hmm... at least Ralph keeps everyone up-to-date on all of his experiments. It would be nice to seek what Kevin has cooking up. BTW, what do these breeders do with their creations? Do they keep all of them for breeding/showing off, or do they trade them to other big breeders? I never see things like the Albino Piebald or Silver Bullet for sale, not like anyone could afford them even if they were.

Thanks

Hmm... at least Ralph keeps everyone up-to-date on all of his experiments.
    Pictures of Kevs stuff are all over the internet! I think he does a great job unveiling his beauties ... KLG posts them right here on Bp.net all the time! I can't talk about other forums here, but there are definitely places to go to find everything you need.

BTW, what do these breeders do with their creations? Do they keep all of them for breeding/showing off, or do they trade them to other big breeders? I never see things like the Albino Piebald or Silver Bullet for sale, not like anyone could afford them even if they were.
    I think that some keep them and some do trades depending on the ratios and numbers that they produce. It would be pretty ridiculous to advertise them for sale though ... the trade offers for "a cool clutch of boas" get pretty unbearable after a while.

The people that can afford the animals know whats out there and know how to get in touch with the people that own them.

-adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Pictures of Kevs stuff are all over the internet! I think he does a great job unveiling his beauties ... KLG posts them right here on Bp.net all the time! I can't talk about other forums here, but there are definitely places to go to find everything you need.
    No, you're right. Kara is always posting pictures of their amazing creations. I'm just saying it's nice to see what Ralph is working on, how he's creating them, and what succeeds and fails. It would be nice to see NERD do the same, but I'm sure they have a pretty busy schedule as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    for sale though ... the trade offers for "a cool clutch of boas" get pretty unbearable after a while.
    Now don't tell me offers of "Friendly Girlfriend Favors" and Rad Snowboards gets old.