Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,885

2 members and 2,883 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: tank size

Thanks

tank size

Hello all, i posted a week or so back that i found a boa at my work. well now im gonna build him an enclosure, the idea i had was all wood except the front, pretty much building it like a wooden rectagular box, the dimensions of a 75 gallon fish tank, but all wood and acrylic door type thing in the front, instead of the top. i was wondering if this is a good idea, the wood and all, as it would cost me next to nothing to build this tank. any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: tank size

Sounds like a good idea to me. I would only suggest that it be lined with something that can repell water (a lamenet of some sort or maybe a piece plexiglass on bottom) for cleaning purposes. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. My Boa will not be ready for it for at least 1 and1/2, I just enjoy building things. The enclosure I'm building will be 3 foot wide, 8 feet long and 4 feet high. I plan on my little guy getting big. (even though he is a male and that is asking alot) but so far he doesn't even like to use the gound so I have vines wound all through his enclosure which is how he moves about (I've still yet to see him in his hide). My biggesst problem is trying to figure out how to keep some sort of system in the air for him when he gets bigger. 60lbs is not easy to support on plastic vines ( who knew lol). Well best of luck and keep us up to date because I'm always ready for new ideas to add to my projects.
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

Thanks

Oh i will keep you guys updated, im mainly concerned of the size, i want to give the snake enough room, its a central american boa i think, so would 4 foot by 18 inches deep by 18 inches high a big enough enclosure for him? hes already 5.5- 6 feet long and im not sure how much bigger he will get

Thanks

RTB's get between 7-12ft in length the record being a female who reached 14ft. I by no means am an expert but I would give it 6ft instead of the 4ft the rest of the dimension sound ok.
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)