Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,875

1 members and 2,874 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Help - Mole King

Need help getting my (personally) wc mole kingsnake to eat. he has ate one skink and a mouse so far within my care but has had recent trouble being converted over to being a mouse eater. if i can't change him over to mice from herps should i just start feeding him herps to keep his weight up? or still just keep trying to get him on mice? Mice are just fury burgers (for the snakes )as far as I am concerned but feeding him herps like wc skinks and petstore anoles may just have to be the answer.... i'm going to try and feed him a frog tonite wish me luck.......all advice is welcome
    Ball python- (Loki), Mole Kingsnake- (Shadow), 2 Leopard Geckos- (Isis and Osiris), Veiled Chameleon- (yoshi), Candy Cane Corn snake- (Seymore),various copperheads... wild caught by me....(i live nevt to and on a wild life conservation area)

Thanks

Re: Help - Mole King

Here is a trick that might work. Purchase a mouse and hold him in a container with some sort of bedding in it. Keep feeding the herps as usual but always make sure that you rub the bedding from the mouse cage on your herp before you offer it as food. Eventually your snake will associate the smell with eating and it will make the switch that much easier. I imagine that store bought lizards are little costly, and wild caught you just don't know what kind of health the lizards are in (very resourceful). I do the wild caught thing with frogs in the summer and fall here in Colorado but I wait a couple of weeks and always feed the best eaters. I will have to state this is not the best way to feed but it works for me.
    4est
    1 adult male Ball Python (King Tut), 1 adult Female Corn Snake (Cleopatra), 1 juvenile Green Two-Tailed Iguana (Tommy Two-tails), 1 Common Boa(Ghengis Kahn)

Thanks

the frog may have worked last night. he is no where in sight as of right now. so i might just continue feeding him frogs for now but i would really like to switch him over to mice. thanx for your advice i'll give it a try hopefully it will work.. he is soo picky lol
    Ball python- (Loki), Mole Kingsnake- (Shadow), 2 Leopard Geckos- (Isis and Osiris), Veiled Chameleon- (yoshi), Candy Cane Corn snake- (Seymore),various copperheads... wild caught by me....(i live nevt to and on a wild life conservation area)

Thanks

no luck with the mice or frogs as of yet but skinks seem to be his meal of choice.... guess i might have to deal with it for a lil while longer until i can get the hint of scenting mice

Thanks

mice are a natural food of mole kingsnakes so I do not see the problem with getting him eating mice. Try a smaller live mouse and see how it works. Keep trying....eventually the kingsnake will take it
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp