Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,122

1 members and 3,121 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Re: Kassadin's Progression Thread!!! ♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by chickenooget View Post
    He is indeed an Axanthic and thanks!
    And as for feeding, would it still be too soon if I try on Wednesday (3 days from last attempt)? The seller told me he was due to feed then.
    Better chance of success if you wait.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

chickenooget (05-15-2017)

Thanks

A few more pictures from yesterday since I'm obsessed with his colors and patterning <3 And his little face streaks on his eyes are aaddoorraabbllee

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

And as for feeding, would it still be too soon if I try on Wednesday (3 days from last attempt)? The seller told me he was due to feed then.
    the breeder gave u a live rat pup? so your new snake has been eating live prey? if that's the case, he might not be used to frozen/thawed food (yet). i think if u can get him another live rat pup, try feeding on Wednesday. if u wanna feed him frozen/thawed, make him a lil more hungry and attempt to feed this weekend.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Better chance of success if you wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    the breeder gave u a live rat pup? so your new snake has been eating live prey? if that's the case, he might not be used to frozen/thawed food (yet). i think if u can get him another live rat pup, try feeding on Wednesday. if u wanna feed him frozen/thawed, make him a lil more hungry and attempt to feed this weekend.
    Thanks for the fast response guys ^_^ I want to try to convert him to f/t as fast as possible so I guess I'll just wait until next week. :B

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenooget For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (05-15-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Awesome first snake!! I love axanthics and am considering something axanthic for my next BP (so many morphs to choose from!!!)

I would hold off on feeding. I would wait a week and try again.

Also, out of curiosity, are you letting him settle in? I ask because you posted new pics already. If you are handling him I would hold off until after he gets a few meals in him. I know, it's tempting to hang out with your new animal, but his well-being should be top priority. You'll have many years to enjoy him, so let him get settled and eating before you are handling him. He may continue to refuse food as long as he's being handled. Once he's settled and eating, then you can start handling him a bit more regularly. But I would let him get a few meals in him before handling him again.

If I'm wrong about you handling him and the pics are all from the first day I apologize.

Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Awesome first snake!! I love axanthics and am considering something axanthic for my next BP (so many morphs to choose from!!!)

I would hold off on feeding. I would wait a week and try again.

Also, out of curiosity, are you letting him settle in? I ask because you posted new pics already. If you are handling him I would hold off until after he gets a few meals in him. I know, it's tempting to hang out with your new animal, but his well-being should be top priority. You'll have many years to enjoy him, so let him get settled and eating before you are handling him. He may continue to refuse food as long as he's being handled. Once he's settled and eating, then you can start handling him a bit more regularly. But I would let him get a few meals in him before handling him again.

If I'm wrong about you handling him and the pics are all from the first day I apologize.

Good luck!
    I know right I have a huge soft spot for axanthics they're so beautiful ^.^ And no worries this is all from the first day
    I've been leaving him alone except for water changes and temp/humidity checks. I feel like a helicopter mom though; I check the temperatures and humidity so often!! But I'm really happy because I've gotten the temps to a stable 80 and 90 And the humidity is around 58-60! Everything is going pretty smoothly

Thanks
    Wait. Are you a LoL midlaner?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ringorock For This Useful Post:

paintedpythons (05-15-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

I know right I have a huge soft spot for axanthics they're so beautiful ^.^ And no worries this is all from the first day
    I've been leaving him alone except for water changes and temp/humidity checks. I feel like a helicopter mom though; I check the temperatures and humidity so often!! But I'm really happy because I've gotten the temps to a stable 80 and 90 And the humidity is around 58-60! Everything is going pretty smoothly
    Ok, awesome!!! You're already shaping up to be a great snake keeper.

My two cents would be to wait a week from the last offering to feed again. I think you'll have a better chance for success that way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ringorock View Post
    Wait. Are you a LoL midlaner?
    Haha I used to league way too much (I got all the way to plat 1 :')) but I stopped around the beginning of season 6. I wanted to name my snake Cassie for Cassiopeia but I ended up getting a guy so I named him Kassadin which was close enough :B And as I grow up and hopefully get the chance to grow my collection I'm gonna stick with the LoL theme.
    (FYI, Kas' full name is Kassadin W. Wily! 10 points for gryffindor if anyone gets that reference )

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenooget For This Useful Post:

ringorock (05-15-2017)

Thanks

I played league many leagues ago. I got way too good way too fast. I retired right around Wood 5 jungling with Soraka. Glorious, I was.

Keeping with the lol theme is cool. You can get a bel and name him Shen. You can get a spider variant and name it Elise. Hmmm... I can go on and on. Haha

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ringorock For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast