Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,082

2 members and 3,080 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,129 Posts

Importing from Canada? How to get cites

Been window shopping for some lovely BPs and most of the nice ones are in Canada. How much is it to get a cite? What does the process involve?
    i-m-snek on tumblr
    Spazhime on reddit
    Hardy Reptiles on facebook

The one and only

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts
    Sadly it genneraly cost more to ship to or from canada thean the snake costs
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks
    This is Corey Woods shipping policy from Canada. Sounds like its really expensive unless you ship as a group.

Store policy.
    $125 Shipping anywhere in Canada via Air Canada Cargo

$200 Shipping anywhere in the USA. This includes US F&W clearance ($150) and Fedex ($50) from Buffalo, NY right to your door. This is the group order rate. I can also ship direct to a designated port for individual commercial clients.

GROUP SHIPMENT TO THE USA TO SHIP MIDDLE TO END OF MARCH. DON'T MISS OUT!

Shipping to All Other Countries please contact me for a quote. I regularly ship to Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, UK....etc.

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    Yeah, just about any purchase under $1k probably isn't worth the shipping cost. Which is sad, because I keep coming across nice lookin' snakes from Canada too!

Thanks
    maybe for a small fee corey woods would let you ship your snake to him and then he would include it in the group coming to the US. Might be a little cheaper than doing it all on your own but something to think about.

Registered User michael.courville's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Importing from Canada? How to get cites

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    Yeah, just about any purchase under $1k probably isn't worth the shipping cost. Which is sad, because I keep coming across nice lookin' snakes from Canada too!
    We've just purchased a BP from Canada on MorphMarket and was wondering if there's anything we need to do in order to receive the beautiful snake? The shipping was $100 "for the paperwork and delivered to your door" so it sounds like everything is covered, I just want to be sure so everything happens smoothly. They also posted the following information on the post:

Store policy. Shipping and Terms
    [Company] offers worldwide shipping, and all shipments will be leaving from Pearson International Airport (YYZ) located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    All prices are stated in U.S. dollars.
    All shipping charges will be determined and included in the final sale price of the shipment. Orders will not be shipped until paid in full.

Domestic Orders
    Domestic shipments will be sent via Air Canada Cargo unless specified otherwise. Reptile Express is also another method of delivery and highly recommended.

International Orders
    A CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) export permit will accompany animals being shipped to ensure that the animals are exported legally and worry-free. A CITES Wild Fauna and Flora permit is required to ship boa constrictors and ball pythons out of Canada. The paperwork and process to acquire these permits takes approximately three to four weeks, after which the animals are immediately shipped.
    It is the responsibility of the customer to know and follow any and all importation laws and understand all of the importation requirements for their country.

This is the first time we've ever purchased a snake from Canada so maybe I'm just ignorant and everything is already in order with the $100 shipping, but the last sentence in that post made me wonder. Anyone have any ideas about what I may need to import this guy into the US? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Its always best to buy multiple snakes from the same place and have them shipped together. I picked up a few Arizona Mountain King snakes last year, they are only worth $100, not even worth shipping unless you can buy a group. And that's exactly what I did, just divide the shipping by the number of snakes. The more you buy the better it is. You could even sell the extra snakes locally to make up for it.