Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,983

0 members and 2,983 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Wonambi, Spotted Python

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post

Aww! Both your snake and your husky are so cute!! Though, your husky looks so done.
    Noodle:
    0.1 Normal Ball Python (Waffles)

Darling Doggy
    0.1. Bouncy Boxer

"I Walked Through Fire to Save My Life"
    -Sia Furler

Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Really enjoying your photos & posts...I have a (granite phase) spotted python too, she's about 10 years old now, and an awesome snek....all the behaviors
    of her larger cousins but with the ease of handling a small pet. No way I could hold mine ("Yiva") and feed her, her response to food is insane...she swings
    around wildly & ends up biting anything in her way (including trying to bite the glass!) if she misses the rodent. I have a feeling that as yours is growing &
    has a bigger appetite, she is starting to associate your hand with food, not really a good idea IMO, but hey, it's your hand. They are very strong constrictors-
    hard to pry off, even without food involvement...you shoulda been there the day mine got "stuck" (her choice) in my long hair & wouldn't let go.... But
    at least she meant nothing by it, it wasn't a food response.

Like yours, mine loves to climb & bask on a driftwood branch in her cage, so I use both UTH under one of her hides, and a basking light (red) over-head.
    She's very nocturnal, so I end up leaving the dimmed light on for her. She's also one of those snakes that you can't sneak up on...she's extremely aware
    of me & anytime I walk by her cage, her face peeks out to see if it's dinner coming. These may be SMALL* snakes, but boring they aren't! About the size
    of a young adult corn snake, but needing warmer (boid) temps. Mine has done very well being handled by strangers for a "meet & greet" too...good thing
    they aren't seeing her feeding response.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123