Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,720

3 members and 2,717 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Genetics Info Needed For Producing Snows And/Or Moonglows

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    I have fallen in love with the Snows and Moonglows, but they are sooo much money to buy! So, I guess i'm going to have to take the long way around if I ever want to have a pair of either of them... I'm just beginning my research on them and I was wondering if you guys could help put me on the right path. I still have much to learn about Boa genetics...

Here are a few questions:

- Firstly, can anyone tell me what the difference really is between Snows and Moonglows? Honestly, the only difference I can see in photos i've seen of them is their name and thousands of dollars...

- From what I gather, the two primary ingredients for both mutations is Albino (Kahl) and Anery, is that correct? If so, that means I would need a pair of Albino Kahl Het Anerys (or vise versa) to produce Snows or Moonglows, right? Would this be the cheapest and shortest path for me to take? These would all be BCI and not BCC, right?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions you guys might be able to offer.
    Love this project, I acquired a 2015 Sunglow(kahl) het anery a year ago as a pet but the more time goes on the more I'm tempted to pick up a mate for her. The difference between a snow and a moonglow is the Hypo(co-dom) gene, unless you're talking about a snowglow vs a moonglow, the difference there is the strain of Albino.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mdb730 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Genetics Info Needed For Producing Snows And/Or Moonglows

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    Thanks so much for all of your advice and info! I can definitely see this isn't going to be a very cheap project to get into, but I think it would be a good investment. Neither Kahls or Sharps seem to be very available either. The only Snow Kahl (Motley) I can find available on the whole internet is a 2017 female for $850.00 and the only Moonglow Kahl I can find is also a 2017 female for $1,950.00. I can't find any males of either... If I acquire a male and female Snow/Moonglow, what percentage of their offspring could I expect to be Snow/Moonglows?

Sauzo, where can Matt Cook be found on the internet? He doesn't seem to have a website or a Facebook page or anything...

Thanks again you guys!
    Just type Matt Cook in the search bar on FB. Should come up. He isnt a big time snake breeders. He does it more for the fun of it but he loves his kahl stuff.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanks you guys! And, thanks again, Sauzo. I was able to find Matt on Facebook. I sent him a message and i'm just awaiting his response. I told him you assured me he would give me a 50% discount on a pair... Just kidding! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12