Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,840

0 members and 2,840 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Re: Pixie the tanimbar scrub python

Quote Originally Posted by BluuWolf View Post
    True.. But we are moving across state.. I'm scared that the 24 hour or so drive would be to much stress on a baby that was just recently shipped and hasn't had a chance to acclimate yet.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
    Ah that's a long drive! Yeah, better to wait until you're moved then.

Thanks
    Very nice. Tans are a cool scrub.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    Oh please start a thread on your Russian Rat Snake! I am very interested in them, but am new to snakes and worried they are more than a beginner should take on. They seem like they're full of personality and sweetness, I want to learn as much as I can about them.

Congratulations on all your cool new kids!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

What an amazing animal red! Grats, and i don't know how i missed all this but i am glad i caught up. You really took everything to the next level with grace and superiority.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EricBurke View Post
    Very nice. Tans are a cool scrub.
    thanks! They are cool. Totally a mainland scrub in a tiny body. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Oh please start a thread on your Russian Rat Snake! I am very interested in them, but am new to snakes and worried they are more than a beginner should take on. They seem like they're full of personality and sweetness, I want to learn as much as I can about them.

Congratulations on all your cool new kids!
    I 100% definitely will, especially since I'm getting a hatchling! It will be fun to watch the color change as he grows. And actually, you can totally jump in on this clutch if you want- Russian Rat Snakes are notoriously EASY to care for beginners, even easier than corn snakes, since they live in such a wide range of regions and climates and are extremely adaptable. They're like the red-eared slider of snakes.

I think the only reason why they aren't more popular or well-known as a beginner's snake is because they grow sort of large for a colubrid and don't look flashy as hatchlings (just a dull greybrown LOL). Otherwise yeah, they're full of personality and GREAT beginner snakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    What an amazing animal red! Grats, and i don't know how i missed all this but i am glad i caught up. You really took everything to the next level with grace and superiority.
    Thanks for looking through all the posts Al! "Grace and superiority", gee I'm flattered lol!
    Last edited by redshepherd; 10-17-2017 at 04:10 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

BluuWolf (10-17-2017),hilabeans (10-17-2017),MissterDog (10-17-2017),Starscream (10-17-2017),zina10 (10-17-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    And actually, you can totally jump in on this clutch if you want- Russian Rat Snakes are notoriously EASY to care for beginners, even easier than corn snakes, since they live in such a wide range of regions and climates and are extremely adaptable. They're like the red-eared slider of snakes.
    Funny story - I reached out to Zerkles a couple of days ago, based on this thread, just to get some more information on Russian Rat Snakes. There's not a ton on the webs, and Youtube is hit & miss on their husbandry requirements. Anyway, they PM'd me today several times asking for my address and phone number for the shipping label. I was like, "whoa - i know I'm dreaming about this snake, did i sleepwalk and order one unbeknownst to my conscious self???" I let them know there must be a mix-up, and they figured it out and said wrong girl, this guy is for Fiona.

I'm assuming you are that Fiona. I almost got your snek!!

Thanks

Funny story - I reached out to Zerkles a couple of days ago, based on this thread, just to get some more information on Russian Rat Snakes. There's not a ton on the webs, and Youtube is hit & miss on their husbandry requirements. Anyway, they PM'd me today several times asking for my address and phone number for the shipping label. I was like, "whoa - i know I'm dreaming about this snake, did i sleepwalk and order one unbeknownst to my conscious self???" I let them know there must be a mix-up, and they figured it out and said wrong girl, this guy is for Fiona.

I'm assuming you are that Fiona. I almost got your snek!!
    Whaaat! I am indeed that Fiona. That's a crazy mix up omg! What's going on over there with them LOL, imagine someone sleazy just tells them their shipping address and they ship out a paid snake to a different person. I mean I guess I would still get a refund, but dang!

Yeah, I don't think there is anything too specific on their husbandry out there, because they are so adaptable- so there just is a wide range of temps they are comfortable with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Whaaat! I am indeed that Fiona. That's a crazy mix up omg! What's going on over there with them LOL, imagine someone sleazy just tells them their shipping address and they ship out a paid snake to a different person. I mean I guess I would still get a refund, but dang!
    Yeah, at first I thought they were messing with me since I was asking them questions - like "ok lady, your snake's in the mail!". But after a few jokes back to them I realized they were seriously trying to mail me somebody's snake. When they mentioned Fiona, I knew it was you from your artwork. Too crazy! I told them you were responsible for bringing me to their site from a thread on this forum, but said I didn't think our relationship extended to you being cool with me getting your snake!

Good thing I wasn't some shady creep, though. Otherwise that could have been awful.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    They are hard to find. Ken Foose briefly listed some on Kingsnake.com. I almost bought one. Opted for the Trans-pecos instead. Will check the Zerkle site just out of curiosity.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Yeah, at first I thought they were messing with me since I was asking them questions - like "ok lady, your snake's in the mail!". But after a few jokes back to them I realized they were seriously trying to mail me somebody's snake. When they mentioned Fiona, I knew it was you from your artwork. Too crazy! I told them you were responsible for bringing me to their site from a thread on this forum, but said I didn't think our relationship extended to you being cool with me getting your snake!

Good thing I wasn't some shady creep, though. Otherwise that could have been awful.
    Holy cow, what a crazy story !!!

Poor Fiona, she would have been heart broken !! Been waiting so long on that lil russian dude !!!

A good thing you are such a honest person. Good things will come your way. Maybe a little russian one day, LOL.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (10-19-2017)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast