Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,563

2 members and 2,561 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    Cool name!! Gorgeous snake!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Based on the head pattern and overall color I would have to go with Lesser Bee, Queen Bees are more faded especially if you look at the head.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Re: Noctis ( Nox ) what morph is he/she?

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLou View Post
    Are the eyes bright green? I'd get it sewed asap since it's easier the smaller they are and there's no reason to wait. Breeding will vary greatly depending on the sex. Males are usually over a year and females atleast 2-3 years old. Unless you can be positive of his genetics I wouldn't be breeding. While the spider gene is always pretty obvious, most people wouldn't want to buy babies if they can't be guaranteed the morph or possible hets. I'd contact the breeder and find out what it is for sure. Didn't they have it listed?

I have a facebook message when I inquired about him and it states Lesser bee and a price, although when I went there I saw another snake which worked out to a different price than whats on my Facebook message.

He does not have bright green eyes.

I regret not keeping a record now but hey, if its all the same I can just get 2 other snakes to breed

Thanks
    The shop got back to me about Nox, they have told me he is and I qoute "a lesserbee - Lesser platinum x spider"

Would this be any good for breeding? Ideally I want to breed him with something like a blue eyed lucy, or a GHI mojave - Obvi I'd need more info on both of those, but they are the most attractive to me right now, or an all black morph i saw earlier but forgot the name of.

Now this might be frowned upon, but ideally I want to try and breed to make a bit of money, or at least come close to a profit. I don't mind breaking even, as the fun of it all is worth the money, but obviously I don't want to throw money at this and lose money breeding.

Is there an attractive morph that can be made out of these two snakes? Again, this isn't just to make money, I just want to make it a "clever" hobby

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    Pair to a mojave and you can get some BELs. No matter what you do, you will most likely lose at least some money on breeding while starting out. You have to factor in the cost of the snakes, the equipment, all of their feeding, housing and feeding the babies once they hatch, before they sell, etc.

I don't think I will get close to breaking even with my initial investment for YEARS, if ever. Mostly I just want to make pretty babies and hopefully make back enough to support the upkeep of the collection itself. Unless you're going to run it as a business don't expect any profit out of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12