Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 750

1 members and 749 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Finally!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Finally!!!

I was finally able to get my T10's stacked on the cart I made for them. IMHO it doesn't look too bad. Long process but worth it as I wanted the ability to get behind the enclosures if need be.

I used 1" black pipe and casters I bought online from an amazing company (https://casterconnection.com/) with customer service almost as good as Ali at AP, and lumber from Home Depot.

Not the best pictures as I just use my phone but here goes.....

With the T10's.....(Sauzo it worked!!! LOL)

I know I need to tidy up the wires once everything is good to go and get a better camera LOL Just need to get the substrate in them and ensure heat and humidity are stable and move the snakes in. Only thing I see missing (besides snakes in enclosures) is 1 more T10 to complete the stack....yes, I did measure and build it for that addition LOL
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BR8080 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (04-25-2017),JodanOrNoDan (04-25-2017),Lizardlicks (04-25-2017),Prognathodon (04-25-2017),rock (04-25-2017),Sauzo (04-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Looks good man. Hey, you had Pro Product RHPs installed in the middle and bottom cages too i assume? How did they mount the RHPs? With just screws? I know Pro Products gives you like 1/4" bolts to mount it but the head of those bolts wouldn't allow the cages to sit flush.

And i assume also you had the LEDs installed? Did they just mount the RHPs in front of the lights and then drill a hole out the top next to the RHP and then route the channel perpendicular to how the lights sit in the cage?

Can you snap pics? I ask because with my T25s, if i do need to install RHPs, I'll end up doing it myself as i won't know until winter if i need the extra heating because of the cage size. Trying to figure what size screws I'll need to mount it and then figure out a way to run the cord. Dont really want to run it across the LED lights but also dont really want to run it out the side.

I talked to Ali and she said butt the RHP against a wall and then drill a hole so the cord comes out the side and there is no cord showing at all inside the cage. I thought this could work if i used cable clamps and clamped down the cord on the outside of the cage along the top of the side and then just before putting the plug on, slide on black electrical shrink wrap so it blends in with the cage color.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Re: Finally!!!

Awesome setup!
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-26-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Very clean build.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-26-2017)

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    I love your build, but I also love the fact that your house has this EXACTLY PERFECT little cubby for the cages lol.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Looks good man. Hey, you had Pro Product RHPs installed in the middle and bottom cages too i assume? How did they mount the RHPs? With just screws? I know Pro Products gives you like 1/4" bolts to mount it but the head of those bolts wouldn't allow the cages to sit flush.

Thanks John....yes, PP RHP's in all 3 enclosures...2 in the middle actually as it's divided. They use a flush mount so they stack really well.

And i assume also you had the LEDs installed? Did they just mount the RHPs in front of the lights and then drill a hole out the top next to the RHP and then route the channel perpendicular to how the lights sit in the cage.

I had AP route a 10mm channel for LED's I bought on AMAZON....HUGE mistake....I should've just had AP put theirs in. That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks and be fancy with the ability to change colors. TOTALLY unnecessary and a novice move on my part. The new T10 will have their LED's in it. Yes, the channel makes a 90 degree turn and through to let the plug go out the back.

Can you snap pics? I ask because with my T25s, if i do need to install RHPs, I'll end up doing it myself as i won't know until winter if i need the extra heating because of the cage size. Trying to figure what size screws I'll need to mount it and then figure out a way to run the cord. Dont really want to run it across the LED lights but also dont really want to run it out the back.

I'll try get a good pic...I'm sure if you asked Ali what they use she'd tell ya. She's awesome.

I talked to Ali and she said butt the RHP against a wall and then drill a hole so the cord comes out the side and there is no cord showing at all inside the cage. I thought this could work if i used cable clamps and clamped down the cord on the outside of the cage along the top of the side and then just before putting the plug on, slide on black electrical shrink wrap so it blends in with the cage color.

It's really cool how they drilled and routed for the cord to exit the enclosure and still be able to stack them....they've got a good thing going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    I love your build, but I also love the fact that your house has this EXACTLY PERFECT little cubby for the cages lol.
    ​Thanks, it was an old closet I opened up to just be part of the room as it's my office and not a third bedroom any longer.. I will admit I lucked out that it's the perfect width as I did it 4 years ago when I bought the place.. If that didn't work my safe would've gone in there and the enclosures where my safe sits on the wall next to it...LOL No picture of that yet as the room is a disaster right now with my original rack in the middle of the room, sorry.

The top flush mount for the RHP's

RHP wire from insdie....

RHP wire from the top sits nicely in a channel.

The light channel from the top....plug just runs out from the inside channel...again I'd go with AP's LED next time...

Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BR8080 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-28-2017)