Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,015

3 members and 3,012 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank Carpet

Thanks

Tank Carpet

I have a carpet that goes over the glass and under the bedding for my BP. Does anyone think there is a reasonable chance she could ever get under it, cause I can't even lift it up myself. It fits really well. lol.

Thanks
    I think there's an excellent change she will get under it eventually. I also think there's an excellent chance the carpet will be completely rank in no time at all. get rid of it.

Thanks

Re: Tank Carpet

My friends (They've had BPs for years) use the same thing, plus it's washable. If it gets rank I'll throw it away for the safety of my pet, but it seems to be working+ I use a heatmat so I need something between the glass and paper towels or printer sheets would probably be easier to get under. I was also thinking of using duck tape to make a border between the carpet edge and the glass so she cant get her nose under it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drakion View Post
    My friends (They've had BPs for years) use the same thing, plus it's washable. If it gets rank I'll throw it away for the safety of my pet, but it seems to be working+ I use a heatmat so I need something between the glass and paper towels or printer sheets would probably be easier to get under. I was also thinking of using duck tape to make a border between the carpet edge and the glass so she cant get her nose under it.
    Tape of any kind is a big no-no. you and your friends should give these a read.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...s%29-Caresheet
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...Husbandry-FAQs

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DennisM For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-24-2017),PokeyTheNinja (04-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

i used carpet for over a year and i hated washing them; i rotated with 2. they didn't smell, but i also washed them ALL. THE. TIME. in the end it's just another thing to clean and/or worry about. eg: when yellow was little i thought he escaped when he snuck under the carpet and i didn't notice the bulge in the substrate and tore my room apart 😀.

also tape is a no-no.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    You'll get sick of the carpet in no time.

PLEASE DON'T EVER put ANY tape of any kind inside your snake's enclosure. he heat and moisture will cause the adhesive to break down enough that it won't stick well to the enclosure, but it WILL stick to your snake causing HUGE problems.

Is your heat mat on a thermostat? If not, please unplug it and buy one ASAP to protect your snake from sever burns and possibly death.

Sounds to me like you (and your friends) could benefit from reading some of the stickies on this forum. There is a lot to learn and a lot of fantastic information on the stickies and throughout this forum.

For the safety and well-being of your animal, please do some research on the species and the do's and dont's of keeping BPs. You will learn a lot, plus save yourself some money, vet visits and possibly save the life of your snake by being properly prepared. You're in the right plce to learn, we are her and happy to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Good luck!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

DLena (04-24-2017),PokeyTheNinja (04-25-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    You'll get sick of the carpet in no time.

PLEASE DON'T EVER put ANY tape of any kind inside your snake's enclosure. he heat and moisture will cause the adhesive to break down enough that it won't stick well to the enclosure, but it WILL stick to your snake causing HUGE problems.

Is your heat mat on a thermostat? If not, please unplug it and buy one ASAP to protect your snake from sever burns and possibly death.

Sounds to me like you (and your friends) could benefit from reading some of the stickies on this forum. There is a lot to learn and a lot of fantastic information on the stickies and throughout this forum.

For the safety and well-being of your animal, please do some research on the species and the do's and dont's of keeping BPs. You will learn a lot, plus save yourself some money, vet visits and possibly save the life of your snake by being properly prepared. You're in the right plce to learn, we are her and happy to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Good luck!!
    What can I use to keep her off the glass, cause wouldn't she be able to get under paper too? I also have a thermostat, but the glass will of course probs still be hot

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Tank Carpet

This is the only type of Carpet suitable for a tank.

Last edited by Reinz; 04-25-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

BigLou3 (04-25-2017),Craiga 01453 (04-25-2017),jmcrook (04-25-2017),JodanOrNoDan (04-25-2017),tttaylorrr (04-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drakion View Post
    What can I use to keep her off the glass, cause wouldn't she be able to get under paper too? I also have a thermostat, but the glass will of course probs still be hot
    If the UTH is properly regulated with a thermostat then it doesn't matter whether or not the animal can come in contact with the glass because the thermostat makes sure it's not too hot. Those who use paper often have snakes that crawl underneath it. Those with loose substrate have snakes that push it out of the way to get to the heat. Just make sure the hotspot is 88-92 and you're good to go. And yeah, ditch the cage carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-25-2017),DennisM (04-25-2017),JodanOrNoDan (04-25-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reinz View Post
    this is the only type of carpet suitable for a tank.

rofl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast