Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,991

2 members and 2,989 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Time limit expired to edit post

I also think one of the MOST frustrating parts for me (besides the idea of not getting my money back) would be the turnaround time she's in for when picking a new, honest, reputable enclosure manufacturer to do business with! She's already been screwed around for two and a half months. She may have 6+ weeks to wait for an enclosure depending upon who she decides to go with.
    1.1 Ball Python
    5.1 Canines (All rescues - mixed breeds)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWAddict For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (04-24-2017),redshepherd (04-24-2017)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Just an FYI.... 5 star reviews with no comment mean nothing it they don't have a comment to go with them, then again I feel the same about any review without taking the time to comment.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Booper (04-24-2017),CALM Pythons (04-24-2017),redshepherd (04-24-2017)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Post Re: When is it okay to demand a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    See, this is why I'm not posting on BOI, because I'm just a noob here trying to figure this out.

He says ALL of his funds are on paypal. This makes zero sense now.

Doubtful he probably means his "business found" money coming in from cages an animals.

I can guarentee he has money elsewhere to pay everyday bills (phone,cell phone, mortgage), I am pretty sure he buys gas as well if he does not use cash and use a credit card he has a cash advance limit he should use to withdraw cash and send a MO.

If he has a personal bank account ask for a Cashier Check.

Keep in mind that if he has no money available has he alledge how will he build or ship your new cage if he cannot buy the material and Paypal locked his account for an undetermined amount of time. He will take another 1,2,3 months, more? Ask him and tell him it's not acceptable

Paypal, locking his account is not YOUR problem, and if he want to make it right he need to refund your money at this point.

What are his term? On refund, dealings etc?
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 04-24-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (04-25-2017),redshepherd (04-24-2017),tttaylorrr (04-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    I called paypal last night and this morning, and the paypal person told me last night that his account is NOT locked.

So this guy has been lying to me, and who knows what else he is lying about, probably has been lying to me about everything for the past 3 months, and is a total bad guy.

I just spent an hour calling paypal this morning, and they just can't do anything about anything being sent as friends family. But they said that they'll call and email him to try to get me a refund (obviously that won't do anything).

Now what do I do? How do I sue someone from a different state?
    Last edited by redshepherd; 04-24-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks

He knew that paypal had this policy of not disclosing other people's information, but the paypal person yesterday really did me a favor and told me that his account is not locked. When I called today and brought it up repeatedly, the new people who talked to me didn't reveal that info to me. So I really got a nice person yesterday.

Last edited by redshepherd; 04-24-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: When is it okay to demand a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    I called paypal last night and this morning, and the paypal person told me last night that his account is NOT locked.

So this guy has been lying to me, and who knows what else he is lying about, probably has been lying to me about everything for the past 3 months, and is a total bad guy.

I just spent an hour calling paypal this morning, and they just can't do anything about anything being sent as friends family. But they said that they'll call and email him to try to get me a refund (obviously that won't do anything).

Now what do I do? How do I sue someone from a different state?

I can't say that I'm surprised in the least, unfortunately. I bet you it is like I said, he spent the funds he got before applying them on cost of materials. He just doesn't care to make it right.
    As late as March he was still active on ads in Fauna, buying and trading.

So I'm sure he has some money, just not willing to "waste" it on making things right. Or you just aren't a high priority for him

Suing across states will be difficult. Even in small claims court, you will spend more then you stand to get back. He knows all that. He knows he holds the cards.

At this point "outing" him is probably the best thing you can do. Either way, its not guaranteed that you will ever get anything, or anything satisfactory. He will try to black mail you into not outing him, saying you will only get something if you "wait". And then how long you wait? God knows.

For now, just prepare a "presentation". Prepare a detailed but to the point written account of what took place from beginning to now. Incl. what paypal said, etc. Then sort through all the screen shots and emails you have and put them into order.

Once you are ready to out him, you want to have everything as precise and easy to read through as possible. And then just fire away...

I would still mention that you will turn him into the FBI fraud department and that you will turn him in to the local authorities and such. It doesn't matter whether that will actually do anything, but it will make you feel better and it might put pressure on him. You have prove he scammed you, because he got caught in his own lie. See if you can get anything from paypal in writing, something that said as of this date this account was not closed.

I hate that this happened to you. Can't help but feel violated when someone scams you and then proceeds to lie through their teeth. Like I said before, don't beat YOURSELF up to bad. You are not the bad one here just for not protecting yourself better. You paid. You were patience (far more then I would have been) You gave him time and time again to make things right and all you got back was lies and BS.

edited to say: I didn't see your latest reply before I sent this one off, I guess paypal giving you a written statement is out. He is still lying. Even right now. And by now he should have had the cage back even if it was sent freaking pony express !!!! Is there no way you can find out the tracking for yourself ?
    Last edited by zina10; 04-24-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Thanks
    Did he sent you a "return label" for the cage? Did you take it to FedEx yourself?

Is there anyway you can find the return label email that was sent (if it was). Perhaps search your "trash" folder for it. If you took it to Fed Ex, go to the local office and ask them for help. If he called to have it picked up at your house, call HIS local hub and ask for help. If nothing more, how long it would take to arrive.

There is no way, no how, he didn't get it yet. There is not service through FedEx or UPS that is THAT slow. None. Not unless you sent it to another country.
    Zina

Thanks
    OMG Sully please remove the review from his page.... I knew I shouldnt have disclosed this info yet

PLEASE DONT LEAVE A BAD REVIEW YET, ANYMORE!!! I won't get my refund until he sees zero bad reviews.

Zina I still happen to have the call number for fedex, and they told me it is out for delivery today. So I guess there is one truth to this whole thing.

And if anyone knows Mr Sully in real life, please tell him to come online and delete the review!
    Last edited by redshepherd; 04-24-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks
    Is it possible to move the thread into quarantine so that he can't read it/follow what is going on? That prevents non-users from seeing and posting, right?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Kira (04-24-2017)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast