Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,793

2 members and 2,791 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    It's rather telling that his PayPal funds are locked up due to a different chargeback/dispute. Have you researched this person on the Fauna BOI or on any of the Facebook reptile feedback forums?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (04-23-2017),redshepherd (04-23-2017),zina10 (04-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Re: When is it okay to demand a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    It's rather telling that his PayPal funds are locked up due to a different chargeback/dispute. Have you researched this person on the Fauna BOI or on any of the Facebook reptile feedback forums?
    His only two reviews on fauna are from customers buying snakes, not cages/racks, and they're from years ago. (good reviews)

He has a few good reviews on his facebook page, but only one of them has a description. I'm not sure if that was cage was picked up in person or not. So basically, there are no actual reviews on having cages made and delivered through shipping.

He has almost 1000 likes on his facebook page too. I didn't expect customer service like this.

eta: I just found his account on fauna, and he does have one red dot instead of a green dot. But I have no idea what that means.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 04-23-2017 at 06:46 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

zina10 (04-23-2017)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

When is it okay to demand a refund?

Not sure if you told him you made a mistake and sent it Paypal Friends & Family but Id try to Bluff him and tell him your done waiting and if you don't have a Paypal pending refund by tomorrow your opening a Credit Card Paypal Claim (he doesn't know you had funds in Paypal you used) and you'll Post on BOI.
    You are way past the point of being understanding now, this guy has taken total advantage of you because you've been so nice. It's time not to be nice.
    Ive had this problem with Equipment Ive bought online. I had a scam run on me last summer and they got me for $5000. After 4 months I got my money from Paypal. I will never do transactions for that kind of money again. Even though I got it back it took hours of my time each week calling and sitting on HOLD and pushing Paypal to pursue. On top of that there was a computer glitch and my whole claim was lost 1/2 way through the process. Nightmare.
    Im sorry this happened. Of course its a lesson. I am like you and try to do a solid for people i do business with however i have learned that business is business period. Learn and move on is all we can do

Ps- 1000 likes on facebook is nothing... You can get 1/2 that by accident. My daughter clicks and likes anything she sees in her newsfeed from what ive looked at or commented on hahahhahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CALM Pythons; 04-23-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (04-23-2017),zina10 (04-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for all the info and tips guys, I will continue trying to pressure him through publicizing what's happened, and I got a good gist of what a terrible seller this guy is. I took a load of screenshots of almost our entire chat since February, just in case I need to use it on BOI. I'll only post on BOI if he doesn't refund me once his account is unlocked, since I gave him a day to screenshot/forward to me the info about his account being locked.

I guess even if I did make the mistake of sending funds as gift on paypal, I still paid him. It's the equivalent of handing him cash in real life in exchange for a service, I guess.

How long are accounts usually locked for these reasons? What's a reasonable amount of time for me to wait for him to resolve this? Any idea how I could keep getting proof that his account is locked, or he's just stalling?

If he keeps stalling about paypal, is it reasonable for me to ask him to mail me a check? Or does that have risks?
    Last edited by redshepherd; 04-23-2017 at 08:42 PM.

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    It's possible his account will be frozen indefinitely if he's violated Paypal Terms of Service, in which case Paypal gets to keep what ever money he had in his account and EVERY ONE is just sol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    It's possible his account will be frozen indefinitely if he's violated Paypal Terms of Service, in which case Paypal gets to keep what ever money he had in his account and EVERY ONE is just sol.
    Darn, let's hope not! Or in that case, I suppose it's reasonable to ask him to send me a check?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Darn, let's hope not! Or in that case, I suppose it's reasonable to ask him to send me a check?
    Don't do it.

Checks can bounce, even days after you deposit it. And then its another couple of weeks later and a whole nother mess to deal with.

If anything, ask for a postal money order sent registered mail. Tell him to deduct $5 from the total in order to send it registered.

Well, that's what I would do. I have a feeling he isn't done jerking you around yet, though
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (04-23-2017),redshepherd (04-23-2017)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Your right Zina this guy is playing games still im sorry to say. If he was a good business man he would be sending it anyway possible, a money order or western union ect.... Im going to be blunt with you and its only to prove a point not bust your chops ... "STOP ASKING WHATS A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME FOR HIM TO GIVE YOU PROOF OF THIS SHAM".
    You have paid in full for services he has not delivered, enough already and tell him you want your money SENT within 1 business day or your taking action. Everything you have done has shown this person your easy. This is your hard earned money, your family can use this before he can have it.. Tell him his Paypal problems are NOT YOUR PROBLEMS and that you paid with a credit card and are reporting this as fraud!!!!! Most likely once he hears that he will either send it or try and stall again, so stop falling for it and stick to the story about reporting a claim to the Credit card company. Let him know all Txts are being sent to them too.
    Get mad and put yourself (the customer) first. Best of luck
    Play Hard Ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-23-2017),redshepherd (04-23-2017),zina10 (04-23-2017)

Thanks
    Okay thanks for the advice guys, here we are.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Creepy Alien (04-23-2017),zina10 (04-23-2017)

Thanks
    Is this true? If your paypal account is locked, you can't send usps money orders...?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast