Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,736

3 members and 2,733 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My bp hasn't pooped in two months

Okay so i bought my first bp around 2/25/17. The first day he/she pooped just around little and has not went since. He/she eats every week except about two weeks after i got him/her it started going through a shed and did not eat for two weeks. The temps are around 78 on the cool side and 85 on the warm side, humidity stays around 50-60. I weighed her last week and he/she was 116g, which i think is Lind of small. The pet store was only feeding her pinkies and assumed it was around 6 months old. I'm now feeding small mice and she has shown progress. My question is should i still feed even thought hasnt went poop for so long?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Any urate?

Thanks

Re: My bp hasn't pooped in two months

Not that I was able to see, but I've seen him/her drink water quite a few times.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately while there is no schedule in general your BP fails to have bowel movement because it was severely underfed using everything to sustain itself and even now while being fed something slightly bigger the nutriment is essentially used to catch up.
    116g, which i think is Lind of small. The pet store was only feeding her pinkies
    At this size you can feed adult every 5 to 7 days.

Once the BP will catch up it will start growing and have more frequent bowel movements however there will still be no schedule but it should be expected once the animal sheds.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (04-19-2017)

Thanks
    What are you using as substrate? and what was the pet store using? I am not trying to be a smart ***, but do you know what urate looks like? It would be really odd to have zero urate.

^^^^ what deborah said. It is highly likely the animal is holding because it was underfed and will poop on its next shed.

As a precautionary measure, let the animal run through you hand and gently squeeze the last half of the body. As long as you don't feel any hard protrusions everything is probably finr.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 04-19-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks

Thanks Deborah, I was kind of worried.

Thanks

I used Petsmart and I use the aspen bedding. Ive seen some pictures of urates and I would say it looks like a yellowish ball right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mariahbutler4 View Post
    I used Petsmart and I use the aspen bedding. Ive seen some pictures of urates and I would say it looks like a yellowish ball right?
    When dry it will be a white chalky substance. Sometimes with some yellow and or green. There should also be liquid but that may be hard to see on the bedding. A lot of the time they will smear urate on the sides of the enclosure.

Thanks

I haven't noticed any and I take a peek in there everyday, but I guess I could have missed it if it got mixed in the subtrate, its about 1.2-2inches of bedding in there. Another question...on the paperwork they gave me it says pastel, but was sold to me at a normal price. what do you guys think?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mariahbutler4 View Post
    I haven't noticed any and I take a peek in there everyday, but I guess I could have missed it if it got mixed in the subtrate, its about 1.2-2inches of bedding in there. Another question...on the paperwork they gave me it says pastel, but was sold to me at a normal price. what do you guys think?
    Really hard to tell with that pic, but with what I can see, if the eyes are green it is a pastel, if not a normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast