Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,853

1 members and 2,852 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deal or not?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts

Re: Deal or not?

Quote Originally Posted by KWAddict View Post
    I appreciate all the input! I did get a chance to take a tape to it today and it is 60" x 30" x 18"! Probably better that it's not so tall. I would say it keeps the panel from having to work so hard to maintain proper temps.
    With a 30" deep enclosure you need at least 18" of height, otherwise cleaning the pile of poop out of the back corners becomes a lot harder.

That size enclosure should house a 50% or higher SD retic for life.

Thanks

Re: Deal or not?

Well good deal! I appreciate it guys!

We actually have a Herp Expo coming up next weekend and I'm going to hope to find a deal on a Herpstat. This might be a question someone here might know the answer to... Does Spyder Robotics have a wholesale price? Every shop I've talked to has basically told me they can't get Herpstats in cheap enough to make money on. So will Spyder Robotics not provide them a different rate than selling straight to the public? If that's the case, then I may as well just order one now because deals on them at an expo will likely be nonexistent. I've also been trying to keep an eye out on some used 4s since the 6 is out but it seems everyone is holding onto them. I have a hard time finding many used Herpstats at all.

I've also been having a hard time finding many reputable breeders. Obviously, I have been keeping an eye on Bob Clark, Vital, and such. I read good things on a post here about Wildside in the U.K. From what I can tell, I think Travis Kubes is out of it for now. I saw a Facebook post he made like a week ago talking about getting back into it though.

There is also a shop about an hour down the road called Pets-A-Plenty. It is the most incredible shop I have ever been in. He has everything from little balls to the biggest gaboon vipers I've ever seen. I have searched this forum for the shop name and "Andy Maddox", the guy I was speaking with last time I was in and I haven't read a bad thing yet. All of his Facebook reviews are excellent. Not only does his shop look great, the animals all are extremely well taken care of and it is honestly a passion for him. You can tell it's not just about the money. I'm not sure how often he breeds SD retics or if at all even. Maybe I'll make another trip out this weekend and see what I can find out. Maybe I should go local if I can.

Do any of you have any recommendations? I'm going to keep checking the forums for more options in the meantime.

Thanks again, all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1.1 Ball Python
    5.1 Canines (All rescues - mixed breeds)

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    They don't whole sale as far as I know, but if you wait til 4th of July they'll have a 10% off sale.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizardlicks For This Useful Post:

KWAddict (04-20-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12