Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,764

4 members and 3,760 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I have to say, I recently got two FB1030's and absolutely love them. I have always been a big fan of ARS, but I was offered two nearly new 1030s in a trade and decided to take it. I am 5'7" and assembled them easily on my own. It took no effort to align them. Simply align the rear pair first, then drop the front two in. Took me about 30 minutes to assemble one rack.

The tarnishing can be unattractive but wipes off easily. It is much more beneficial to have that than powder coat, as if or when the coat chips or cracks, rust can form.

The tubs is a pain, but I have had the same from vision and several other companies. It did not affect the animals, nor my ability to clean them. But, if you are not happy, get them to send you replacements.

Putting castors on anything is a pain. Not much you can do about that. Not adding them at the shipping stage reduces the dimensions and cost to ship I would imagine.

I got some industrial strength Velcro and attached my power stripes to the side of the rack. Others use cable ties. You will have the same issue with ARS. Same goes for the thermostat mount. Personally, looking at that it looks pretty self explanatory. The front clip clips onto the top rail of the rack. The stat sits on top of it.

The panels are easily removed, on my two. You pop off the front clip (I use a small wedge to do this), and then slide out the top panel. Then, I can clean them thoroughly and easily, and replace them. They slide back in. Locate in the slides, and the clip goes on the front. They don't need to be a solid sheet as they are simply a barrier to prevent the snake from escaping. The clip at the front needs to be secure so that they cannot slide it out and escape. Something I saw as common sense.

Overall, I have had a completely different experience with mine than yours. I have loved mine so much that I am going to order an additional base level with castors, an additional 1030 level, and 3 0801 levels, then build three hybrid level racks from these. Prior to this I was using reptilebasics, which are great, but my animals have truly thrived in these FB1030s. I do not have the dividers (but again they look common sense to use (you pop out the circle that fits your snakes girth), but I have animals that were live feeders or fussy feeders totally switched to defrost and feeding as soon as the drawers open.

As I say, different experience, but mine was nothing but positive, and totally changed my opinion of Freedom Breeder racks.
    Warren

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Warren_Booth For This Useful Post:

Creepy Alien (04-18-2017)

Thanks

Re: My video review of the Freedom Breeder snake rack 1020-70 (2017). Didn't like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes1 View Post
    Wow, talk about finding things to complain about!

If you have no background in putting anything together then buy something else. The casters? Really? If you have worked with tools before that is no problem. And the power cord is easy to install with a drill bit screws. Put it where you want it.

The ventilation sheets on the second video is hitting the back "foots" of that level. Press it with one finger in from the side and it will fit good again. Or take out the tub under it and use your hand to guide it in place.
    It is some scratches in it yes, I have ordered plastic sheets for one of my projects before, and they was the same way. Because that shiny plastic will scratch easily. I think FB order those plastic ventilation sheets from another company. But does the scratches make them trash?
    Same with the scratches in the tubs. Will you ever see it besides when you are cleaning the tubs?

I can´t wait to read the new tread about how horrible ARS racks are when you get one of those! For each level you need to put some plastic connectors to hold it together. PS: Before you start on that, go out and buy a hammer. You will need it!

Freedom Breeder was dishonest. They told me that rack would take 5-10 min to put it together, there is no way anyone can put this together in 5-10 minutes, with or without the proper tools.

"does the scratches make them trash? "

Yes it does. It's a $2k product.

"Same with the scratches in the tubs. Will you ever see it besides when you are cleaning the tubs?"

Yes I will. I take excellent care of my things and this is a $2k product with "premium quality" as Freedom Breeder said.

Anyway, assembly is not the reason I am returning, I'm returning it because there are problems with the frame (rust), the tubs (scratches and damage) and ventilation sheets (don't come off and are also scratched and damaged).

I am considering the old ARS and not the hybrid too, which one would you recommend?

thanks for your comments.

Thanks

Re: My video review of the Freedom Breeder snake rack 1020-70 (2017). Didn't like it!

If you don't like assembling things, then the hybrid is not the way to go.

Are Freedom Breeder going to cover return shipping on this item?

Warren

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warren_Booth View Post
    If you don't like assembling things, then the hybrid is not the way to go.

Are Freedom Breeder going to cover return shipping on this item?

Warren
    Well I certainly hope so. If they don't I'll just take it with my credit card, there is so much evidence and they handle this very quickly and easily.

Yes I don't like assembling things at all, and I'm not good at it, however I don't think I'll have a problem with ARS because they're letting me know in advance it'll take 2-3 hours to assemble. I might hire someone to do it for me.

They've asked me to:

"Also please take pictures of the rack on the pallet/skid when its ready to be picked up, be sure you package it the same way you received it or the freight company nor us can’t take responsibility for any damages during transit from you to other customer."

As if I have the materials and skills to properly package a 400 pound rack for transportation. Also notice how they try not to be responsible for transport.
    Last edited by leocrespo; 04-18-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: It keeps adding multiple lines

Thanks

I've ordered the ARS 7030 hybrid today, it should be here by Friday. Price is about the same and it comes with 10 tubs more (FB 1020-70 vs ARS 7030 Hybrid). If it comes while the Freedom Breeder is still here I'll make a video comparison for you guys. I was told by ARS that there's no rust in the frame, ventilation sheets are "injected" and not "cut", do they're not scratched and damaged, and also that the ventilation sheets are easily removable.

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    There shouldn't be rust, for sure. About the tubs, that may be how they come off assembly? Not sure.

However, the thermostat mount is easily explained in a picture on their website, under the link for the item.

Same for the divider. It creates a "hide". You punch out the circle at the size you need. Smaller one for smaller snakes (smaller opening) Or the bigger one for bigger snakes. It explains it (with pictures) under the link for that item.

About the power strips, there is no actual "way" to do it. That is because everyone's room is set up different. Some would want it vertical, or left or right, higher, lower. You use screws or velcro to mount it wherever it is convenient for you.

The casters, yup, the heavy duty are a pain to put on, but you don't want cheap ones. A good tool does make a difference. The tool you bought you will use for countless other projects. I have that one in all kinds of sizes Casters are usually never assembled on which ever item you buy. It makes shipping more difficult and expensive.

About those panels, that is a weird one. They say they are removable. So it should be easier and they should fit. Although, it almost looked like it didn't slide all the way in because of the bow in the back, it caught in front of the lip. Perhaps you have to lift it over the lip and it will slide all the way in. It looks like the other people that make similar racks use the same material, that is rather flexible. The other manufacture makes theirs "non removable". Perhaps that is why? Because they aren't easy to slide in all the way because of the "bow" in the material. Still...they should answer you how you are supposed to remove and re-insert them easily.

Just make sure that the things that bother you about that rack won't actually be similar with the next rack. Good casters are good casters, no matter who you buy the rack from. They buy casters elsewhere. The tubs are used by several rack makers. Make sure they don't just come that way? I don't know, never had them...
    And the slide out ventilation. The other racks have them non removable, so are you ok with that? Over "hard to remove" or perhaps figure out a easier way to do it (if that exists)

My main issue would be the rust and their "fix" for that.

Btw. I have never had a rack from them nor have I seen them in person. Or from that other place you mentioned. I just had a quick peek at their websites out of curiosity
    Thanks for the good advice and instructions.

The sheets should be removable so you clean and can sanitize each tub completely. They certainly aren't in my rack.

I had a chat with ARS and they have assured me the ARS hybrid won't have any of these issues so I just ordered one today.

Thanks again for your reply zina10

Thanks

You will love the ARS rack, but you will need someone to build it with you. It takes time... a lot of time.
    You will need to hire someone to build it for you. It is self explanatory (but then again, I felt the Freedom Breeder was also). But, if you hate assembly, then you will need someone that you trust.

Given that Freedom Breeder send you what you requested, and given that the issues appear minor (looks like tarnish, not rust, and is easily cleaned), tubs tops can be replaced), I doubt your credit card company will do a back charge on in it. You might want to call them to check. In regards to shipping it back to them, you are responsible. Therefore it needs to be packed and wrapped as instructed. Any damage is your responsibility. Sucks, yes, but that is shipping.

Warren

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leocrespo View Post
    Thanks for the good advice and instructions.

The sheets should be removable so you clean and can sanitize each tub completely. They certainly aren't in my rack.

I had a chat with ARS and they have assured me the ARS hybrid won't have any of these issues so I just ordered one today.

Thanks again for your reply zina10
    I like to put stuff together..LOL. But good tools are a "must". They make everything easier.

I bought a cheap set of tools to use at the horse barn, and they went into the trash only a few weeks later. I called them "Barbie tools". Worthless for trying to get anything done...

I hope the other rack works great for you, please let us know. Especially what you like better about it. Maybe one day I need racks like this and I like to file all Info away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I like to put stuff together..LOL. But good tools are a "must". They make everything easier.

I bought a cheap set of tools to use at the horse barn, and they went into the trash only a few weeks later. I called them "Barbie tools". Worthless for trying to get anything done...

I hope the other rack works great for you, please let us know. Especially what you like better about it. Maybe one day I need racks like this and I like to file all Info away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, lesson learned!

Hopefully the ARS arrives before Freedom Breeder picks up theirs so I can make a good comparison.

Thanks
    Hello everyone. As promised, here is a video comparison of the ARS vs Freedom Breeder.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...=1#post2529859

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12