Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 840

3 members and 837 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Some name suggestions for a new banana pastave!

At the beginning of the month I received my very first ball python. He is a banana pastave that I got from Garrick at royal constrictor designs. His hatch date was 12/9/16. When I got him he was 87g, and today I weighed him before his 3rd feeding, and now he is 100g. I currently have him on F/T hopper mice, and he has had zero problems eating so far. Well, except today he accidentally ate a piece of reptibark . Here are 3 pictures of him that I got before recieving him from Garrick, and 3 other cell phone photos of him since I've had him. I apologize for the quality, I am no photographer. Any chance you guys could help with some name suggestions?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (05-03-2017),C.Marie (05-23-2017),cletus (05-03-2017),jbzapanda (05-04-2017),Kam (05-03-2017),the_rotten1 (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Congrats. Always a huge plus when they readily eat frozen thaw.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Randall L Turner Jr For This Useful Post:

MmmBanana (04-17-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    He's a beauty!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Hey congrats again!!! Great to hear your little guy is doing well! Did he seem fine after eating a bit of Reptibark? I heard placing feeders over a paper towel can help with that. Also awesome your little noodle is f/t ready! I think Garrick starts them on f/t correct?

As for names, here are the ones that come to mind;
    Sundae, Sinbad, Cecil, Charlie, Sir Hiss, Toffee, Thor, Henryk (or Henry), Creme Brulee and Pancake.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Hey congrats again!!! Great to hear your little guy is doing well! Did he seem fine after eating a bit of Reptibark? I heard placing feeders over a paper towel can help with that. Also awesome your little noodle is f/t ready! I think Garrick starts them on f/t correct?

Sundae, Sinbad, Cecil, Charlie, Sir Hiss, Toffee, Thor, Henryk (or Henry), Creme Brulee and Pancake.

When he had it in his mouth after he got the hopper down, he bit down real hard, and I heard a crunching sound. Hopefully it was the reptibark and not his little teeth. Other than that he seems completely fine. Got the piece of bark sorted out and went straight into his hide. A few hours later I noticed him peeking out of his hide and he still looked fine. Im fairly certain that he wont have any issues. Next time ill feed him away from his water bowl. He missed the hopper on his first strike and ended up taking a dive into his water bowl. I guess that stressed him out and he just balled up and looked like he was scared after that. I held the hopper over the heat lamp for a min to give him a break and to keep the mouse warm. Then offered it again and he took it.... But he "killed" it in his water bowl, so that made it wet and helped the reptibark stick.

As far as Garrick feeding live or F/T, I am not certain. I read somewhere on his site that he use to feed F/T but now does live because its easier for the quantity of snakes he has. But I don't know if that means he starts them off on live.

Thanks

Some name suggestions for a new banana pastave!

I just bought a youngin from Garrick and she is easily and readily eating f/t from literally day one. He's a beaut! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skiajl6297; 04-17-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks

Re: Some name suggestions for a new banana pastave!

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thank you!

Garrick just posted a video on youtube today discussing noobs buying snakes and wanting hatclings. He goes on to say he starts his baby snakes on live crawler or hopper mice for the first couple feeds. He says they start off timid eaters and after the first few meals they become veracious feeders, and at that point he starts feeding F/T. So it makes sense as to why snakes from him are eating F/T so effortlessly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-19-2017)

Thanks

Re: Some name suggestions for a new banana pastave!

I also like food names. For a male banana, i'd go with Foster, or maybe Daiq (short for Daiquiri, pronounced "Dack"). What about Galliano?
    1.0 Central American BI: Irwin
    0.1 Jungle, het snow BI: Gimel
    1.0 green albino, het granite Burm: Dr. Waffles
    1.0 Betta fish: Convertible
    1.1 cats: Tipitina (Tipi) and Professor Longhair (Fess)
    0.1 Egyptian baladi dog: Toasty

Thanks
    Hmmmm, I have no idea why I have been struggling so hard with a name. I've been calling him banana, but how many banana BPs are named banana? My guess is a LOT! I was gonna name him stitch because my GF loves Disney movies, and stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters, but IDK. I appreciate the ideas! I think im gonna give it till his next feeding to make a decision.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast