Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,063

0 members and 3,063 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I'm actually expecting a ball python to lay eggs tomorrow, I bred a Spider Pied to a Jungle Woma Spider. I'll let you know how many Super Spiders I get LOLOLOL.

The photo of that white supposedly Super Spider gives me hope. If a baby snake can go that far perhaps it can go full term and survive as an adult. If a reptile breeder would produce the worlds first white Super Spider and prove it out they would make headlines, it would be good for publicity, especially for a small time breeder like myself.

Genetics are very interesting. I once saw a guy with a normal looking Bamboo produce a clutch of 10 Bamboo babies. What are the odds? Could it be that he had a Super Bamboo that wasn't white? I think there's still a lot to be learned.

Thanks
    I can picture it now, world's first full term Super Spider just begins spinning around in mid air because it wanted to hide under ground -_-

OWAL: next year when my lesser pastels breed I'm going to be adding multivitamins to their food, I'll try to remember to post results of any BELs I get. We'll see if it does anything with the bug eyes
    Last edited by Oxylepy; 04-08-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: The Super Spider Exists and is Lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    Congrats on the family stuff. Hope you'll find the time to keep up the good work on the snake stuff.
    Always find the time some how, ill see how demanding these kidos are once they start moving on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I'm actually expecting a ball python to lay eggs tomorrow, I bred a Spider Pied to a Jungle Woma Spider. I'll let you know how many Super Spiders I get LOLOLOL.

The photo of that white supposedly Super Spider gives me hope. If a baby snake can go that far perhaps it can go full term and survive as an adult. If a reptile breeder would produce the worlds first white Super Spider and prove it out they would make headlines, it would be good for publicity, especially for a small time breeder like myself.

Genetics are very interesting. I once saw a guy with a normal looking Bamboo produce a clutch of 10 Bamboo babies. What are the odds? Could it be that he had a Super Bamboo that wasn't white? I think there's still a lot to be learned.
    Always interested in results from those types of clutches, let us know.

Given what we have seen from pearl type animals, I wouldn't put much hope into it, but anything is possible.

The odds are about 1/1024, given the amount of clutches hatches each year from breeders. Most of us would consider it within reason. Once you get past 15 eggs 1/32k odds start climbing in your favor. 20 eggs would be 1/million. But a paradox bamboo with super bamboo reproductive parts is technically possible, (assuming both parents had bamboo) but the chances of that are far greater than your odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxylepy View Post
    I can picture it now, world's first full term Super Spider just begins spinning around in mid air because it wanted to hide under ground -_-

OWAL: next year when my lesser pastels breed I'm going to be adding multivitamins to their food, I'll try to remember to post results of any BELs I get. We'll see if it does anything with the bug eyes
    It's possible, but personally I've never hatched a bugged eye super lesser of 7, all have been fine so I Donno how much data you could draw from it

Thanks

Re: The Super Spider Exists and is Lethal.

Very interesting read thanks for sharing owal. Usually good reads come from skiploder.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

OhhWatALoser (04-08-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12