Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,885

1 members and 2,884 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

How long to wait for breeder response after payment

About a month and a half ago now I paid for my pied. I found her on MorphMarket, and sent the money through paypal. I asked the breeder if they could hold her until I got my rack, and they said it wouldn't be a problem and I could send the money for shipping when I was ready for her. It's been a week to the day since I sent the money (with a note attached) and emailed the breeder to let them know I was ready for her, and I haven't heard a reply yet. They were very good at keeping in contact during the month or so they were holding her, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt right now and thinking maybe they were at an expo or something. How long should I wait with no reply from them before I look into it? I don't want to start off right at disputing the transaction with paypal, I'd rather see if I can contact them or MorphMarket about it first.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How long to wait for breeder response after payment

Quote Originally Posted by Meerna View Post
    About a month and a half ago now I paid for my pied. I found her on MorphMarket, and sent the money through paypal. I asked the breeder if they could hold her until I got my rack, and they said it wouldn't be a problem and I could send the money for shipping when I was ready for her. It's been a week to the day since I sent the money (with a note attached) and emailed the breeder to let them know I was ready for her, and I haven't heard a reply yet. They were very good at keeping in contact during the month or so they were holding her, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt right now and thinking maybe they were at an expo or something. How long should I wait with no reply from them before I look into it? I don't want to start off right at disputing the transaction with paypal, I'd rather see if I can contact them or MorphMarket about it first.
    I'd email every other day for a week, then call if possible.

Thanks
    I got their Facebook info from their MorphMarket page and sent a message there, maybe they'll respond.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,857 Times in 4,778 Posts
    The problem with email is that just because you sent it doesn't mean that the recipient received it or read it. Facebook and text messages are a little better because you can see whether or not the recipient received and read them.

If the seller is seeing the messages and hasn't responded, but is active elsewhere on social media and in forums, then that's a red flag. If the seller seems to have "gone dark" everywhere then there may be a personal or health issue involved and I would sit tight for another few days.

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    Also, if there's any expos going on in their area, they might be incommunicado while focusing on the event. Though most sellers I've worked with remember to warn me about that before hand.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If I email someone (that I spent money with) I expect an answer within 24 Hours during business days, (I do not expect an answer on Saturday or Sunday, some people bend some take time odd) if I don't get an answer I assume they have not received my email and email them again, if that remains unanswered I pick up the phone.

Good customer service start with communication, but you also need to use the means at your disposal if you only sent one email it may have been lost.

The best is always the phone, most use their cell and you can text or call and leave a message.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    They responded to the Facebook message, they hadn't been able to get on MorphMarket recently but they will ship on Monday. Guess I should have tried the Facebook before I asked everyone here, but thanks for the replies.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meerna For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (04-07-2017),Craiga 01453 (04-07-2017),Kcl (04-07-2017),KWAddict (04-20-2017),SpaceJellyfish (04-07-2017)

Thanks

Nothing wrong with how/what asked, IMO. You asked in general terms, with no insult to an unnamed breeder. Even if you'd named them, the question was quite reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

KWAddict (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Yeah you're good. You haven't caused undue injury to the company/individual, and you ended up being able to get in contact with them.

On their end they should probably tell the customer the best way of getting in touch with them, especially when things are paid in advance.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meerna View Post
    They responded to the Facebook message, they hadn't been able to get on MorphMarket recently but they will ship on Monday. Guess I should have tried the Facebook before I asked everyone here, but thanks for the replies.
    reasons like this are why I give my cell number to every customer I have, I personally prefer to deal with text messages or phone calls, I have had issues getting email from time to time. Anyone buying a snake over the internet should ask for a contact number because things do legitimately happen, and it makes it easier to reach someone. Plus if I am buying a $1000 animal off you and you cant take 10 min to talk to me on the phone or via text, well that's a big red flag for me
    glad you got ahold of them and hope to see pics of your new baby soon
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

Oxylepy (04-07-2017)