Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,420

2 members and 3,418 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Threaded View

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I agree, the comparisons I made are a bit askew from handling venomous snakes. I was just trying to get my thoughts across. There will always be thrill seekers, there will always be people who, quite frankly, make stupid decisions in they eyes of the majority.

There will also always be people who see something and think "if he/she can do it, so can I" so go out and try it with terrible results. And yes, it's true, no amount of disclaimers or warnings or "do not try this at home" are going to stop some people.

I do believe though, that no matter what a kid sees on tv/movies/internet it is not the fault of the tv/movie/internet. Kids should be educated and monitored by their parents and not so many fingers should be pointed. If kids have access to Chris Sweet's videos and what-not, he's not to blame for kids going out and handling venomous snakes. It's not his responsibility to watch out for the world.

And I don't really agree that what he does paints a negative picture of the hobby. There's one in every crowd. There's always going to be that person or those people who draw unwanted, negative attention to a hobby or whatever. I don't see a video of a couple drunken idiots on four-wheelers drunk jousting with 2x4s and think that is how all people who ride four-wheelers behave. I just think, man, look at these idiots.

Last thought: We live in a world that made the guys from Jackass millionaires. So what's so surprising about Chris Sweet??

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Ashley96 (11-18-2017),JodanOrNoDan (04-25-2017),PokeyTheNinja (04-26-2017)