Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,744

0 members and 2,744 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

New to the Kenya sand boa family

hey everyone I'm new to the Kenya sand boa family.
    My juvenile Kenya sand boa started shedding on the 3rd of April and, I feed it every Wednesday. Should I wait till it's done shedding to feed it a pinky, or feed it a pinky anyways. Thanks for the help any info will be great.

Thanks

Re: New to the Kenya sand boa family

Where is it in the shed cycle? If it's eyes have cleared, it may eat, but probably not if they're still blue. Either way, there's no harm in either offering or in waiting a week.

Male KSBs are notorious for going off feed, especially if/when they have girls on the brain, so don't panic if yours is male and does it to you some day. Both my boys are fasting right now, even though one is in the bedroom upstairs and our female is on the ground floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    Where is it in the shed cycle? If it's eyes have cleared, it may eat, but probably not if they're still blue. Either way, there's no harm in either offering or in waiting a week.

Male KSBs are notorious for going off feed, especially if/when they have girls on the brain, so don't panic if yours is male and does it to you some day. Both my boys are fasting right now, even though one is in the bedroom upstairs and our female is on the ground floor.

Exactly this. I've got snakes who will eat while blue and others who won't eat even after the eyes have cleared until they shed. The important thing to remember and I say this from experience is not to stress if they don't take a meal or two.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewross8705 For This Useful Post:

Rockstar (04-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post

Thanks
    Ok thanks but I don't know if mines a girl/boy it's still a baby and no there is no skin over it's eyes

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
    Ok thanks but I don't know if mines a girl/boy it's still a baby and no there is no skin over it's eyes
    Expect to find shed within a few days then and you can try to offer food. Every snake is different when it comes to food so you may need to adjust your feeding schedule if they refuse while blue or getting ready to shed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewross8705 View Post
    Expect to find shed within a few days then and you can try to offer food. Every snake is different when it comes to food so you may need to adjust your feeding schedule if they refuse while blue or getting ready to shed.

Thanks for the info that's helps a lot everyone that gave me info thanks