Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,924

0 members and 2,924 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Desert Enchi Lesser?

I'm not sure. She said that he's actually 4 genes - Desert, Enchi, Lesser, and 100% Het for Orange Ghost. She said that the 4th is a Recessive gene, so I'd need to pair him to another Het Orange Ghost or an Orange Ghost female to go for 4 visual genes. I knew what she meant, but I find it's always just best to listen . She seemed pretty confident, but who knows .

You are right about needing to prove through breeding in the end .

Thank-you for the reply .

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    I've got a feeling signals got crossed somewhere. They said it was het for ghost? I think it's actually a Desert GHOST Enchi Lesser, just from going out and looking at a few pictures online. I'm not an expert though, and everything is moot until otherwise proven through breeding

http://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rept...-pythons/61678

Thanks

It's hard to say. It didn't sound like she had done research to try and prove anything to me though. I had asked if she was 100% sure he was a male and after saying yes, she just told me to make sure that if I ever breed him and got Desert females to only sell them as pets as they would be infertile. I had already knew that, but it was nice to hear her tell me that. I didn't have my probes with me, and I can't pop, so I was just hoping that he was at least a male in case he was a Desert (I bought him knowing that I may not know for sure). I was "lucky" that he decided to pee on me while extending his "junk" out enough that I could at least KNOW he was a male .

He may not be what she thought, but I don't think she knowingly misled me. I didn't pay much for him either way, and I knew that I may not know one way or the other exactly what he was when I bought him. It's fun to hear what others have to say about him though . I'll try to breed him when he's out of quarantine and go from there. Hopefully I can figure it out one way or the other. My wife wants a Super Enchi anyway... so if nothing else, we can work towards a Super Enchi combo .

Thanks for replying. I appreciate everyone's responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerna View Post
    I don't have any experience with deserts or lessers, though that is obviously enchi, but as far as them deliberately misleading you, who knows? It doesn't take much research to find out about female deserts being infertile, so I wouldn't necessarily use that to prove that they seem to know what they're talking about.

Thanks

He doesn't look the same to me when I look at the Desert Enchi or the Desert Enchi Lesser. I'll do as you suggested if the sun comes out and get some better pictures that might be easier to identify. As I said, no big deal either way, but it's interesting. I'm used to seeing Lesser combos, but not really Enchi combos (and I've never seen a Desert in person before this possibility). He just kind of looks like a Lesser and something else to me (and I think I see the Enchi influence as others seem to). It would be cool if there is Desert in there as well (except for the female infertility), but I have seen some nice examples of BPs with Desert mixed in. I realize that I have no experience with the Desert morph, but I still have my doubts about this guy having it in him.

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Im can only compare to the Desert Enchi on WOBP

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Maybe see if you can get photos of the parents?
    For the Horde!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Creepy Alien (04-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

I would think if yours had Desert present it would be much brighter. Here is an Enchi Lesser het Hypo I produced last season. You can see how bright she is without the Desert gene. She is 300 grams.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by rlditmars; 04-06-2017 at 08:47 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

Creepy Alien (04-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Maybe see if you can get photos of the parents?
    I don't think that there's any chance of that as she told me she got him from a different province when he was a baby (she's had him about 3 years) :/ .

I appreciate the suggestion though... and I'll still ask .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    I would think if yours had Desert present it would be much brighter. Here is an Enchi Lesser het Hypo I produced last season. You can see how bright she is without the Desert gene. She is 300 grams.

[IMG][/IMG]
    She's way brighter than my guy... (really beautiful girl!). Going by your picture, I'm now doubting that he even has both Enchi and Lesser in him .

I appreciate your post and seeing the picture for comparison... thanks .

It stayed dark here all day, so I couldn't get a natural light picture of him yet. I'm not sure it will make much of a difference now.... The more I look at him makes me think that I'm just seeing a weird single gene Lesser (at least compared to our other Lessers that we've had/still have).

In the end, it isn't the end of the world either way. I didn't lose much over him, and I like him. He's pretty friendly, and he'll get a good home with us. He's not overly thin, but I think he could put on 100 grams or so (he's just under 600 grams now).

I am still curious about him... I can't help it . If anyone else has some opinions, please feel free to jump in. When I can get a better lighted picture, hopefully it will help.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

I definitely see enchi in there. The pattern and the way there are no spots or alien heads at all. I really think it's an enchi lesser. Both a desert enchi, and a desert Lesser have way more of an orange tone to them. I don't think desert is in that snake at all but you'd have to breed it to be sure. It is a male so you could breed it even if it was a desert but I don't think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

Creepy Alien (04-07-2017)

Thanks

I really appreciate the reply... thanks very much . I'm hoping that you are correct about him being an Enchi Lesser. I can definitely still work with that .

I really don't think there is Desert in there at all either. As was suggested by ladywhipple02, I'm starting to think that there was some confusion when this Ball Python was originally bought. She said it was a Desert Enchi Lesser, 100% Het Orange Ghost. I think that there is a good possibility it's actually an Enchi Lesser HET Desert Ghost (Haha... or I'm really hoping ). At least with it being a male, I can get a couple of combo females that are also Het Desert Ghost and then see what happens. If I don't get Desert Ghosts, I can try again... or just not bother.

Mysteries are always fun . I sent an email to the woman that I bought him from to see if she could help figure out the mix-up. I don't think anything was done on purpose or with any kind of malice. I'm pretty good with reading people and I believe that she's an honest, good person. Mistakes happen, and especially with all of the genes we have flying around with Ball Pythons, I can see things getting mixed up here and there very easily .

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    I definitely see enchi in there. The pattern and the way there are no spots or alien heads at all. I really think it's an enchi lesser. Both a desert enchi, and a desert Lesser have way more of an orange tone to them. I don't think desert is in that snake at all but you'd have to breed it to be sure. It is a male so you could breed it even if it was a desert but I don't think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Creepy Alien For This Useful Post:

Foschi Exotic Serpents (04-07-2017)

Thanks

It was still pretty gloomy here today, but I did get a reply from the woman that I bought him from.

She said that she was sure he was sold as a Desert Enchi Lesser (100% Het for Orange Ghost). She couldn't say for sure, but that's what she was told. She did have a baby picture of him, so I'll add that to this thread.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Creepy Alien For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (04-08-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast