Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 515

0 members and 515 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Common House Gecko and Green/Brown Anole enclosure ideas?

I'm looking for a cheap, effective means of keeping them as breeders for my Mangrove Monitor as feeders. Any idea on enclosures for them?

Almost all my animals are being kept in 50 gallon stacker totes at the moment. I love the versatility of these as enclosures. At some point my Mangrove and Savannah will outgrow them, but they're great for my roaches and crickets.

However, Geckos tend to scale the walls easily, and Anoles jump like no one's business. So I don't know if the tote will work for them long term. Not to mention the babies will probably be able to get out for the geckos.

I was considering a trashcan, not sure how it would work out. Anyone have any ideas? I don't need it to be visually appealing, I just need it to be functional with minimal effort (not needing daily upkeep aside from water changes)
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It depends on how annoyed you are willing to be. I can't see any issues with keeping those species in a tub husbandry-wise, but the top open lid makes runners and escapees more likely. If I was going to keep a arboreal species of any type in a tote or tub long term, I would use some of the Rubbermaid All-Access totes for easy maintenance. It's kind of like if an exo-terra and a tote had a baby.

They come in a variety of sizes and can be found here. You can also pick them up at some local walmarts or home depots.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    If you want minimal effort, bioactive is your best bet. Once you get it set up, all you ever have to do is feed and water.