Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,865

2 members and 2,863 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Shipping bp

Thanks

Shipping bp

Just had a couple questions regarding shipping all pythons

Do I need to create a account with FedEx to ship ball pythons.

When is it necessary to use a heat pack ?

Sent from my Pixel XL

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Book a shipment with SYR https://www.shipyourreptiles.com/

The temps for heat pack use are there too- I just shipped my first Bp last week and was terribly nervous about it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (04-04-2017)

Thanks

Re: Shipping bp

You can use ShipYourReptiles.com for your reptile shipping needs. You don't have to be individually certified when shipping with SYR, you are shipping under our FedEx certification. By agreeing to our TOS, you are meeting the FedEx requirements for safe and responsible shipping as well.

We have packaging available, and if you just have a single shipment, one of our shipping kits has everything you need to execute a single shipment, no matter the season.

You can find temperature, weather, and heat pack use guidelines at our site, in the ShipYourReptiles Get Help section. Heat pack use is still common this time of year, but overheating a reptile with a heat pack during warmer temps is a def concern, so follow the temp guidelines for safety and success.

Follow this link- https://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/...ds#question-15

We have a customer service staff available to answer questions, or walk you through the process. They are in office Monday through Friday, 7am to 6pm MST, at info@ShipYourReptiles.com and 303-730-2125.

Shipping your first live reptile package may seem daunting, but its actually a pretty straight forward process, as long as you have the packaging, knowledge and support. That is what ShipYourReptiles provides!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robert7107 View Post
    Just had a couple questions regarding shipping all pythons

Do I need to create a account with FedEx to ship ball pythons.

When is it necessary to use a heat pack ?

Sent from my Pixel XL
    1/No however if you do decide to ship directly you will have to get certified (the whole process takes about 2 weeks). Shipping directly through your FedEx accout will be more expensive since you do not have the volume which is why most breeders use Shipyourreptiles.com or other similar companies to ship snakes, you will save money and will not have to get certified SYR also offer insurance.

2/Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Keep in mind that when shipping you want to get an idea of the temp in 3 locations, so you can ship even if there is a differential but there are important things to keep in mind.

Origin: (at the time of shipping) most people will drop of their animal in the late evening to reduce the time the animal has to spend in the box, I make my drop off at 6 pm.

Main hub: Usually your snake will arrive at the main hub around 11 pm and may remain there until 5 am. You will only know what the main hub when printing your label. The first letter or number will determine which hub your box is going to.

A Fort Worth TX

W Oakland CA

N Indianapolis IN

X Memphis TN

Q Los Angeles CA

Numbers Newark, NJ

Destination: The temp at destination should be within proper range at the time of delivery which will be in most cases around 10.30 am.

When dealing with low temps have your animal held for pickup at the hub same with extreme highs. Also always ship Monday through Wednesday, avoid shipping on Thursdays.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 04-04-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts
    I use ship your reptiles or reptile express that way you get a better price and do not have to be certified
    I have shipped with both. have had success with both. and cant say anything bad about either. I have used reptile express more often lately only because every time I get a quote they seem to be about $10.00 cheaper for me. now that doesn't mean it will be cheaper for anyone else And I get a quote form both every time I ship just to be sure. (they both have great customer service by the way) but anyhow both SYR and RE will work even if you ship a lot because they ship everyday and get big discounts they can pass on to you
    Last edited by StillBP; 04-04-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks

At SYR we put a lot of effort into helping folks online, in the forums, giving all the support and info that we can. No other shipping company does that. We work hard for your support.

I don't want to lose a customer over a few dollars and the rate. StillBP, give me a holler at Robyn@ShipYourReptiles.com and let me get you a rate that will work for you 100% of the time. I'm happy to help : )

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (04-05-2017),StillBP (04-05-2017)

Thanks

Ok. Sounds good. I created a account with ship your reptiles and will use when ready... Thanks again

Sent from my Pixel XL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    At SYR we put a lot of effort into helping folks online, in the forums, giving all the support and info that we can. No other shipping company does that. We work hard for your support.

I don't want to lose a customer over a few dollars and the rate. StillBP, give me a holler at Robyn@ShipYourReptiles.com and let me get you a rate that will work for you 100% of the time. I'm happy to help : )
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything bad. Quite the opposite. I have shipped several animals with you. And have no complaints. You have a top notch service.
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks

Not at all. We appreciate your support! We just want to be able to service ALL of your shipping needs : )

Go team go!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robert7107 View Post
    Ok. Sounds good. I created a account with ship your reptiles and will use when ready... Thanks again
    Make sure to use discount code BPnet40 to save 40% off of your first shipment with ShipYourReptiles!
    Last edited by mlededee; 04-13-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    - Emily

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Lizardlicks (04-13-2017)