Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,792

3 members and 3,789 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Thumbs up The best place to buy feeder rats...

Hello!

My name is Lyle and I have two Ball Pythons. This post is going to cover the best place to buy feeder rats. For a long time I was buying my feeders (Mice, which aren't as good of a feeder anyway) from Backwater Reptiles for a long time, and their deliveries were always on time and well packaged. But when my big ball python needed an upgrade to Medium Rats, I had to stop buying from the company. The rats were $6.50 a piece. (10 for $64.99) I found this to be a drastic price, and did some further research into other places to buy from. (Note that many people bought animals from Backwater Reptiles and they either screwed up the order or the animals arrived dead) I found a website called PerfectPrey.Com. The website is nicely designed, and when I found the rat prices I was shocked. They were selling 10 medium rats for $2.25 a piece, more than 4 dollars less than the last website. This almost seemed unbelievable, but as I looked at other feeder websites I realized they had similar prices. There were hundreds of amazing reviews on their website. But suddenly I encountered a problem. They seemed to be out of stock in one section of rats I was buying. (I was purchasing 20 Weaned, 20 Small, and 40 Medium) They didn't have 20 small rats in stock. I called them and asked when they would be back in stock on the Small Rats, and they said had them but the website wouldn't be updated for a few days. As I was losing hope they said they would put in an order over the phone for me, and the women talking said she could give me the small rats even though they weren't available on the website. I ordered over the phone. Two days later a medium sized package was sitting at my front door. The rats were very thoroughly packed and sealed, frozen solid (There was even ice and snow in the box!) and my whole order was there.

I wrote to the company, extremely impressed with their prices and delivery. I wanted so dearly to write a good review for them! I explained this in the email and they said they were very glad that I had contacted them, and even gave me 5% off my next order.

All in all I give Perfect Prey a 5 star review, and highly suggest ordering from them. If you are ordering 10 jumbo rats or 10,000 pinkies (There was a guy who wrote a review that bought that many!) you should expect a great deal, amazing customer support, and of course incredible delivery.

[NOTE: This is not a payed advertisement, if I were to say something critical, I would!]

Thanks
    I also buy from them, and so far I've never had a problem ^_^
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Yeah most people over-pay on feeders until they research.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I haven't bought from them yet, I try to buy at reptile expos. But if I ever miss an expo and start running low I will definitely use perfect prey, I've heard nothing but good about them.