Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,900

3 members and 2,897 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Re: This is sad. 100 dead ball pythons.

Lmao when I got to the "ball pythons grow up to 6 feet", I almost laughed. Of course a news outlet had to add that exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerna View Post
    It's so sad to hear about things like that. There was an animal hoarder that I grew up across the street from, the stereotypical "crazy cat lady". She wasn't crazy, but she had about 7 dogs and well over 100 cats, indoors and out. My mom used to sell Avon to her, and she'd have us deliver it. She was always trying to give us a kitten, but my parents didn't want a cat. She was very nice, but her house was in horrible condition. At one point she stopped using the front door because there was so much cat poop piled up in front of it. When she moved to a nursing home someone bought the house to fix and flip, and they pretty much had to tear it down to the bare skeleton because of the smell. They found dead cats in the walls.
    That's so sad, gross, and scary.

Thanks

Re: This is sad. 100 dead ball pythons.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. I feel like things like this are terrible for the hobby...

All that aside though it is really sad to think about. I'm sure the whole group of them, including the owner, were suffering quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I agree. It's hard to pull out a real lesson in this story. If it's not reptiles, it's cats or dogs or some other group of animals that we hear about when they are collected and subsequently neglected when something goes wrong with the caretaker.

It just struck a chord with me as it involved ball pythons which I am now a happy owner of and because it occurred near me, in South Florida.

Unfortunately, our snakes, are very easy to keep compared to other animals or pets but they end up being the most reliant on us and the maintanence of a proper environment once we enclose them.
    0.1 Super Pastel BP "Melly"
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow BP "Titan"
    1.0 Morelia Bredli "Alpha Omega"
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    1.0 Siberian Hamster "Bean"
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Full House Living the suburban farm life in Miami.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12