Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,606

1 members and 2,605 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Banned
    Thanks

I'm back and planning on remaining active for a while.

Hi guys, pretty much all of you don't know me so I'm doing a brief intro. As I mentioned in a different thread my original account was technically the first account created and I get a hoot out of that idea after all these many years. And for the record since one of the last times I popped in some turd negged my reps and called me an old man I'm not old. I'm under 30.

Since I departed I've done a lot of things. Traveled all over, fought a war(edit- wanted to add I also got to do some missions with special forces, 1 involving enemy contact, cause I believe you guys will think I'm very cool and badass if you know that), seen neat things. ive had to begin my collection again after an electrical incident killed my balls this summer. So I started back up with buying a 7.5 foot coastal carpet a month ago. I'm also open to any questions about myself for anyone curious.
    Last edited by The_Godfather; 03-29-2017 at 04:45 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Welcome back!! So sorry to hear of your BPs passing. I'm glad you got back at it though.

THANK YOU for your service!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: I'm back and planning on remaining active for a while.

I thought I heard of you before! I joined this site back in October of 2008 and I do remember your username. Welcome back and sorry for the loss of the snakes. Thank you very much for your service!

Banned
    Thanks
    As of now I have a pretty solid idea of exactly what I want my collection to consist of and should have it complete in a year. My current carpet python, a green tree python, an olive python, a large specimen female ball, a burm, and one more I've not set my mind to yet. I plan on an all female collection except the burm, personal preference there as females usually exemplify the python characteristics I like. I was planning on the collection being entirely pythons but the final one just may be an ATB. I'm glad I'm finally at a point in my life where I can commit to my dream collection I've wanted for 20 years.

Balls will always be my ideal pet because for every reason under the sun they are perfect. Ease of care, personality, size for relaxed handling, and their pattern is just beautiful. But I believe my next acquisition will be the GTP so I can complete my life goal of owning one in an amazing display setup. The ball I'm waiting for the right one to come around.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hey, I think I remember you from back in the old days! I also lost my original collection due to electrical failure (very old house with old electrical), although this was way back in 2006. Was busy with work and girlfriend at the time, and didn't have the heart to get back into it. All I had left was my original '03 normal male ball python, which I've had all this time. Then in 2015, I had some renos done including new electrical, and last year I started collecting again, and occasionally coming back here.

Now my collection has ballooned out to quite a bit, ball pythons and some other species as well that used to be on my dream list! It's nice to have some disposable income as a grownup now, as opposed to when I was just starting work after college I have a few pairings this season, and will hopefully produce my first few clutches. I have some 2015 females which which should be ready to go for next year, and then several 2016's for the season after that, so I'm now all in more than ever before!
    ~40 Ball Pythons (mostly Freeway/Asphalt, Bongo, GHI, and Leopard combos)
    3.8.3 Green Tree Pythons (mostly TM/TW blueline, a few Highland/Wamena)
    1.2 Children's Pythons
    1.2 Cay Caulker Boas
    1.2 Black Fuli House Snakes
    1.0.4 Amazon Tree Boas (1x tiger, 3x halloween garden, 1x garden)