Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,683

0 members and 2,683 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: hiya!

Thanks

Red face hiya!

hello, my name is rin! I posted on here yesterday in urgency about my little BP named pretzel, but I figured I should also introduce myself to the rest of the site on a lighter note!

i'm a week-to-be-17-year-old who loves reptiles and all things creepy. i have a passion for singing, dancing, art and modeling. (pictures here!)

I have only ever had two snakes, one corn and my current BP. sadly, my first snake i ever had died of unknown causes, but my best guess is horrible husbandry on my part. when I got him from petsmart, I was 14 and thought the employees there were ~knowledge gods~!

they told me a bunch of stuff that I now identify as complete bullsh*t (excuse my language!), including things like "sand is a good substrate!", "snake flu" and the great "heating isn't necessary if the room the snake is in is warm to you."

my cornsnakes name was cornflake and he sadly passed at just barely a year old. i'll always miss him--but on the bright side, I now have Pretzel, my 1 year old BP who I'm trying my best to care for on something other than petsmart's pamphlets on snake care.

I would love to make friends with a lot of you guys and trade pics of our adorable snakes, talk about our interests, and learn new techniques to care for my BP! ;u;

feel free to message me anytime!

Thanks

Re: hiya!

Quote Originally Posted by pythondad View Post
    hello, my name is rin! I posted on here yesterday in urgency about my little BP named pretzel, but I figured I should also introduce myself to the rest of the site on a lighter note!

i'm a week-to-be-17-year-old who loves reptiles and all things creepy. i have a passion for singing, dancing, art and modeling. (pictures here!)

I have only ever had two snakes, one corn and my current BP. sadly, my first snake i ever had died of unknown causes, but my best guess is horrible husbandry on my part. when I got him from petsmart, I was 14 and thought the employees there were ~knowledge gods~!

they told me a bunch of stuff that I now identify as complete bullsh*t (excuse my language!), including things like "sand is a good substrate!", "snake flu" and the great "heating isn't necessary if the room the snake is in is warm to you."

my cornsnakes name was cornflake and he sadly passed at just barely a year old. i'll always miss him--but on the bright side, I now have Pretzel, my 1 year old BP who I'm trying my best to care for on something other than petsmart's pamphlets on snake care.

I would love to make friends with a lot of you guys and trade pics of our adorable snakes, talk about our interests, and learn new techniques to care for my BP! ;u;

feel free to message me anytime!
    Hey there! I love your whole look, you look super rad. :'D
    Welcome to the BP forums! I feel that a lot of us /I am guilty/ only run here when something is up with our noodles, so I appreciate that I saw your post and forgot this is a huge community to talk with and be friends with /lol/.

ANYWHO I'm Mari~ Baby Bubbles is my little spaghetti noodle. From what LLLReptile has told me, Baby Bubbles is a Mystic BP morph of 4 months old. I say this because I went to one of their stores in person, and they told me the breed and approximate age of her, but they didn't give me her paperwork. /rolls eyes/ She's a very, VERY good eater, and is a fan of the minimalist decor. Paper substrate and plastic hides! Outside of being a protective snake mom, I'm a 21 year old fashion design student, I cosplay and draw as well ;0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BbyBubbles For This Useful Post:

pythondad (03-28-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you are and will continue to be a wonderful snake parent! This is the best place to learn new techniques and I have no doubt your bp will thrive ^^
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

pythondad (03-28-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site. I haven't welcomed anyone new here myself in probably 12-13 years at this point but I logged into my account last night like I tend to do every year or so. I've had to begin my collection of reptiles anew since an electrical incident this summer killed my pythons so I will be around more often. I have the unique privilege of being the very first member of this site, you would have been 3-4 years old, and now getting to welcome you to this site. You'll probably encounter the same problem we all have when a couple years from now your collection has expanded exponentially. It's an excellent hobby and you'll love it. A lot of very very experienced and knowledgeable users here began like you have with an ill advised purchase of that first snake and then down the rabbit hole. I began the same as you, first a corn that unfortunately didn't meet its life expectancy and then into my true passion of pythons. Good luck!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Godfather For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-28-2017),pythondad (03-28-2017)