Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,057

1 members and 3,056 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    If you feed tonight offer something very small compared to what he should be eating - maybe a mouse hopper at most. Throwing a ton of food at an emaciated critter (or human) isn't a good idea.

Try another in 4-5 days and slowly work up to normal size feeders.
    Last edited by bcr229; 03-27-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks

Re: I need instant help.

Show that picture and see if that looks healthy. Just take him. That poor thing

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cadance View Post
    Does anybody know how I would be able to take him? I live 10 hours away.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    How to take him as in how to transport the snake? If that's the question, I'd get him in a pillow case or similar breathable bag, tied and/or zip tied closed, in a sturdy box or Rubbermaid style tub with some crumpled newspapers or something around the bag to cushion the long ride. Kudos to you for stepping in and standing up for this animal. Best of luck to you and keep us all posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That poor snake. Just take it with you for G-d's sake. Please. Put it in a pillowcase and tie it with string, zip tie, knot. Place that in a sterilite type container. Are you driving? Just set it in the front passenger seat. Are we allowed to recommend another site? If not, just delete this.
    Go to http://www. cornsnakes.com
    They are just as nice and caring as the BP people are here. I've learned tons from them. That snake should be shaped like a loaf of bread. It's dying. If you took that picture to the SPCA, they'd be at that house confiscating it in a heartbeat, and fining them to boot.
    I have to go. Im in ER with my brother and it's his turn. Please do something. Where are you? If you can't care for it, I will. I just want to cry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLena View Post
    That poor snake. Just take it with you for G-d's sake. Please. Put it in a pillowcase and tie it with string, zip tie, knot. Place that in a sterilite type container. Are you driving? Just set it in the front passenger seat. Are we allowed to recommend another site? If not, just delete this.
    Go to http://www. cornsnakes.com
    They are just as nice and caring as the BP people are here. I've learned tons from them. That snake should be shaped like a loaf of bread. It's dying. If you took that picture to the SPCA, they'd be at that house confiscating it in a heartbeat, and fining them to boot.
    I have to go. Im in ER with my brother and it's his turn. Please do something. Where are you? If you can't care for it, I will. I just want to cry.
    You have no idea how much I have cried over this poor snakes conditions. I live in Edmonton but the snake is in Vernon. I'm driving but it will be over the course of two days because I need to stop and drop off my dogs. Would that still work? Would I keep him in a bag for two days?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Wherever you stop for overnight, offer water and keep him warm. You can mostly keep him in the bag.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    The animal's condition in the bag, in your car, under your care is FAR better than the living condition that snake is currently in. Although not an ideal way to obtain a new pet, at least this snake will be able to live a healthy life if you take it out of that home, where it is sure to die, SOON.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Cadance (03-28-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Sorry for the emotional melt down. Under a lot of stress over here. How are things going? Please keep us updated.

Thanks

I need to leave in an hour and they won't let me take him.. I gave him more fresh water and fed him. He ate so easily, but swallowing seemed difficult. Now I have a new concern. 10 minutes after getting the mouse down, he made a noise. I dot know how to describe it that well. It sounded like a wheeze and a hiss. He's made it twice now.

Thanks

He is fed and has water. Keeps making that noise.. He is extremely cold but won't go on the hot side and it is far too hot over there. There's no thermometer so I can't tell the temp, but it feels well over 100..

Last edited by Cadance; 03-28-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast