Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,129

1 members and 2,128 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Gina the Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname progression thread

Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    Yeah it's been a month and a half since I got her. I really hope she stays chill like she is. She seems to enjoy bring held. She is in relax mode unless it dinner time. She actually tagged me last week when I was feeding her. It's been years since I've been bitten. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Lol yeah I just almost got tagged by both Rango and Gina. It's the little boas that are dangerous lol. I was hanging Gina's little hopper mouse and she came flying out mouth open and just swinging all over haha. Then she closed the mouth and looked at me so I moved the hopper to her mouth and she grabbed it. Now she is sitting in her cool hide with just her head at the door.

Rango was buried in the front of his cage with just his head sitting on the litter dam. So I hung his mouse above his head and he shot up like a rocket and sprayed aspen all over and grabbed his mouse. It was like a great white shark jumping out of the water grabbing a seal but the snake version haha. These little snakes act like they are starving to death. They get a meal every week although I do feed on the smaller side. Now Rango is sitting with his head back on the litter dam covered in aspen again haha.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-15-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

cletus (04-16-2017)

Thanks
    My little Gimel is still pretty shy about food - she eats just fine, but she approaches very cautiously. Irwin, on the other hand, he literally threw himself halfway out of his enclosure last week, i had to catch him and put him back as he was constricting the rat. He's learned my habits too. i always video feedings and record how long it takes them to eat and any other pertinent info (although i must admit i also made a cool feeding video last year) so i suction-cup mount a camera inside the tub before i even have the rat in the room, but the last few times he's totally relaxed as usual until he sees the camera, then he starts getting "the look", after that i dont get my hands anywhere near him without a pair of tongs between us.
    1.0 Central American BI: Irwin
    0.1 Jungle, het snow BI: Gimel
    1.0 green albino, het granite Burm: Dr. Waffles
    1.0 Betta fish: Convertible
    1.1 cats: Tipitina (Tipi) and Professor Longhair (Fess)
    0.1 Egyptian baladi dog: Toasty

Thanks
    Haha yeah Gina was like that tonight. She flew out of her house with mouth open and swinging all over lol. Even Chris the breeder told me, once she gets settled in, watch out cause you will be surprised how much she likes to eat. Rango is even worse. That little snake doesn't care about anything except food when he smells it. Vicky is the same way but you can tell with her as he pupils get really huge which means she is going into food mode haha. Rosey used to slam stuff like a freight train but I think she is getting used to food being dead so she just hits it quick but doesn't try and punch a hole in the food lol.

Kind of funny tonight. It was feeding night for all the little ones and Caesar. Luna went bananas and slammed her mouse so hard she flipped her hide over and started hissing lol. Never seen her so gung ho for food before.

Thanks
    Figured since Gina gets dinner day after tomorrow, I'll take her out for some exercise today. She is completely laid back now and is starting to look for trouble to get into lol.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-21-2017),cletus (04-24-2017),Gio (04-20-2017),jmcrook (04-20-2017),Kam (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Nice!

I think she may end up on the larger side. She's got a beautiful, good sized head already.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks. I personally do hope she gets on the bigger side lol. I like my snakes big As long as they aren't aggressive. Rosey is between 6.5-7' and i just reach in, drag her out and sling on my shoulder and she's fine with it lol. Caesar, i just drag his butt out too and try and throw him over a shoulder and that usually ends with him climbing down my leg or stretching out trying to grab something or the ceiling. Really laid for temperament but just a spazz for cruising around. And Vicky at 5' or so is laid back too but not so much into hanging out on me as Rosey is. Vicky is more find her own stuff to do lol. Gina though like i said is like Rosey. She seems to like to sit on me and then stretch out and check stuff out but not actually climb onto it haha.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (04-20-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Thanks. I personally do hope she gets on the bigger side lol. I like my snakes big As long as they aren't aggressive. Rosey is between 6.5-7' and i just reach in, drag her out and sling on my shoulder and she's fine with it lol. Caesar, i just drag his butt out too and try and throw him over a shoulder and that usually ends with him climbing down my leg or stretching out trying to grab something or the ceiling. Really laid for temperament but just a spazz for cruising around. And Vicky at 5' or so is laid back too but not so much into hanging out on me as Rosey is. Vicky is more find her own stuff to do lol. Gina though like i said is like Rosey. She seems to like to sit on me and then stretch out and check stuff out but not actually climb onto it haha.
    I hear ya there!

A big, beautiful Poki, Suri is probably the ultimate snake IMO. I think you and I are pretty on par with why we like boas. I could be completely content with a collection of boas and boas only. I could probably be the same with carpets. I think my coasty is the most entertaining of all the snakes here so far. However if Wallace falls into the gap I want him to fall into, he will really be special.

But back to Gina, which is a beautiful Italian name IMO. She really is a special animal and I hope she hits the 7-8 foot mark for you.

I'll see what my friend's Poki female is at and let you know.

Here is some interesting info about the Pokigron Suris.

http://www.boa-constrictors.com/en/b...rinam_pokigron

Bottom line,,,,, I'm a Gina fan!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks and yeah I hope Gina hits the 7-8' mark. I think it might be time to up her food size. The breeder was feeding her medium mice but told me to start out smaller for a few feedings which i was going to do anyways. She's had 3 feedings of hopper mice and this last one, she folded it in half and ate it like a sandwich lol. So this next feeding I'm going to look at a small adult and compare it to a hopper. She LOVES to eat lol. This last round, she shot out like a bullet with mouth open and swinging wildly haha. Good thing i was using tongs. She isn't shy about going for food.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (04-21-2017),jmcrook (04-21-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Thanks and yeah I hope Gina hits the 7-8' mark. I think it might be time to up her food size. The breeder was feeding her medium mice but told me to start out smaller for a few feedings which i was going to do anyways. She's had 3 feedings of hopper mice and this last one, she folded it in half and ate it like a sandwich lol. So this next feeding I'm going to look at a small adult and compare it to a hopper. She LOVES to eat lol. This last round, she shot out like a bullet with mouth open and swinging wildly haha. Good thing i was using tongs. She isn't shy about going for food.
    Awesome,

I told you my friend who used to chat somewhat regularly with Gus, said to keep them on mice for their first year didn't I?

Sounds like you are anyhow, just wanted to make sure. She will grow slower than your BCI boas, but I think when she hits the 6 foot mark will be remarkably beautiful. She isn't even colored up yet age wise and she's still smoking hot to look at.
    Last edited by Gio; 04-21-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks and yeah Gina is going to be on mice until she is large enough for weaned or small rats. I do that with all my boas as switch a boa to different food involves just hanging the new food in front of their face lol. Caught Gina prepared for dinner tomorrow. She has already assumed the position at the door lol.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-22-2017),Kam (04-17-2018)

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast