Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,156

0 members and 3,156 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: PetCo Frozen Feeders

Quote Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    When you (whomever wishes to answer) buy from petco/smart, are they reselling from a larger distributor or, like, "homegrown" in ziplock bags? Theres a little local place by my folks (local for them, not me) that i'll buy from if i'm visiting, prices are better, but they are just loose rats in baggies. I dont necessarily think one is better than the other, just curious as to how various places do it. I know my petsmart uses rodent gourmet and the petco uses arctic mice

They are from a larger breeder. PetSmart carries "Arctic" and Petco carries "Gourmet. I prefer the "Arctic" from PetSmart myself 6 packs as opposed to 4 packs and a slightly better price, however still robbery by comparison to buying bulk. Both stores have run out on several occasions while I was there to just grab a few for the corns. Petco has given me some of their "store use only" feeders that they use twice though. I can't wait for the corns to get big enough that I can buy bulk and get them and the King all the same size and I won't need to keep buying different size prey. By then the BP should be on rats though, so I guess still two sizes...oh well

Thanks

I'll have to checkout Petsmart... Artic. Petco a gourmet rodent are not all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    NOTE: i just realized, as some have pointed out, that i switched the stores and their respective rodent brands - incidentally, at my local stores, PetSmart (Arctic Mouse) only carry mice and not rats, and at PetCo, they carry both and the mouse prices are better.
    1.0 Central American BI: Irwin
    0.1 Jungle, het snow BI: Gimel
    1.0 green albino, het granite Burm: Dr. Waffles
    1.0 Betta fish: Convertible
    1.1 cats: Tipitina (Tipi) and Professor Longhair (Fess)
    0.1 Egyptian baladi dog: Toasty

Thanks
    My experience with petco feeders was not good. I don't know how some people are able to look through the selection and pick the ones they want, my petco sells them in solid white sealed zipper bags. There were at least two occasions where I ended up throwing the mouse away because it smelled "off".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have a small chest freezer that I put everything in. I also sell to other people in the area so I'm constantly ordering from BigCheese. If you had an issue with them, talk to Chris and he'll make things right. I've spent thousands with them and I'm always happy with their customer service.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Just to follow up - and thank you for all the responses - I ended up getting a full refund (new repeat order sent to me free of charge) from Big Cheese Rodent Factory. These guys are awesome!!!! They gave me no flack at all and instantly gave me this when I told them of what happened.

In terms of what I did in the interim - I did go to Petco. They use gourmet Rodent Branded. They had various sizes of both rats and mice. The process was easy enough. My snakes took the food no problem. Only downside was the price. Was ~$8 for a frozen adult mice and weened sized rat. But for a temporary solution - definitely worked no problem despite the cost.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts

I would only pay that much as a last resort. Missing a feeding is not a huge deal in most situations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123