Well what an experience! Dropped into our local pet shop to pick up some feeder mice and got to handle a gorgeous 8 foot long, 6 year old boa. I believe the guy said it was a "columbian". It's just been turned over to him as the previous owner no longer could care for it properly but thank goodness they made that decision before the snake went downhill at all. Absolutely fantastic animal to handle temperment-wise considering it's recent move from it's lifelong home to a busy pet store.

Quick question here. It didn't appear to be a red-tail boa like the pics I've seen here. It was quite light in color, with lovely sort of pink blushing on it's face and a very black tongue. Is this a "common boa" then? It's a bit confusing to me.

Oh well we aren't in a position to take on a big snake like this right now but it was sure tempting! If anyone's in Michigan and might be interested let me know and I can pass on the pet store's phone number. They try hard to treat their herps better than a lot of pet stores and the ball we bought from them is a beauty. I think he said they'd like $400.00 for the snake and it's enclosure which is handmade wood & glass (not sure if it's a great tank for a boa since I know nothing about them really) and not sure if this is even a good price for this quality of snake.

~~Joanna~~