Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,880

0 members and 2,880 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun place to be.
    0.1 Super Pastel BP "Melly"
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow BP "Titan"
    1.0 Morelia Bredli "Alpha Omega"
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    1.0 Siberian Hamster "Bean"
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Full House Living the suburban farm life in Miami.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (03-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: 3/18 NARBC in Tinley Park, Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by sneksNferts View Post
    I love my son but I really wish I hadn't brought him, that crowd was insane. He got tired quickly and trying to move him through that crowd tired me quickly. I live in Gary, IN which is only about a 20 minute drive, so I'll check it out again in October or next year.

Also, a shout out to the herp community for personal hygiene. The crowd was denser than the worst gun show, yet I didn't gag even once.
    i completely understand, idk how some people were able to manage having younger children there let alone a freaking stroller.

like we mentioned earlier in this thread, that back north(?) wall was absolutely terrifying. i have anxiety and i was starting to panic when we were near the bread table; had to squeeze my bf's hand just to calm down and keep myself from yelling. i plan on emailing whoever i can just to let them know how scary that area was.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    But yes thanks for sharing. You were like my little undercover agent taking pictures of the show for me lol.
    you're very welcome! 😊 i had a blast seeing so many awesome animals, and i'm glad i can share with you all!
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 03-19-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

EDR (03-20-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Insanely crowded is putting it nicely; by the time we left which was around 12:30 you couldn't even get up to the tables to see what you wanted to look at. ....snippetty... We had the vendor hold onto our snake because I didn't want to risk carrying him around although I did see people walking around with snake bags. Personally I wouldn't have; I got bumped into, my feet stepped on and pushed from behind a few times.
    That was about the time we left, too. If you saw a big guy carrying a 3' x 2' cage above his head toward the doors, that was my husband.

We were both using canes (sciatica and those floors are not a happy combination), which I think occasionally bought us a little bit of space. I carried the snakes out, but with my bag/purse in front of me, and cane in hand, so they didn't get squashed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    The State of Illinois is why Bubba now has a band around his jars; we were talking to his owner. He even took if off for a few minutes and laid down on the floor with him; he was rubbing his snout and petting him. I seen him at the expo in Wheaton Illinois and he had the band on then too.
    I see it's a state thing. Ah politics always trying to keep us quiet now they're taping are alligators mouths shut when will it end lol (shaking my fist). But seriously thanks for the info and it's good to know they can and do take the tape off and he's still good ol bubba.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

so who had longer hair? u or Brian? lol

look like u had an awesome time. thanks for sharing all the cool pix.

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    wow this BP is clean. it almost looks like it's one step away from the first one here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...bos-from-NARBC

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    ^ lolololololololol!!!!!11 i just find this pix hilarious.

Edit: also what's cinnamon bread? is that like unrolled cinnamon rolls? so it's probably not as good right?
    Last edited by Ax01; 03-20-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (03-21-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    That was about the time we left, too. If you saw a big guy carrying a 3' x 2' cage above his head toward the doors, that was my husband.

We were both using canes (sciatica and those floors are not a happy combination), which I think occasionally bought us a little bit of space. I carried the snakes out, but with my bag/purse in front of me, and cane in hand, so they didn't get squashed.
    Ha, I think I was over by that vendor when you bought it. PM Herps I think it was. The white PVC ones? I almost bought one but the walls seemed a little thin. How is it?
    Sneks:
    1.0 '16 Lemon Blast BP(Kevin)
    Fuzz things:
    1.0 '17 Heckin' Borker (Mr. Pickles)
    1.0 '15 Cinnamon Stinky Slinky(Obi)
    0.1 '15 Sable Carpet Shark(Yoda)
    0.1 '16 Sable Noodle bear(Chewy)
    Hominids:
    1.0 '13 Voracious Talking Apelike thing(Connor)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sneksNferts For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (03-21-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sneksNferts View Post
    Ha, I think I was over by that vendor when you bought it. PM Herps I think it was. The white PVC ones? I almost bought one but the walls seemed a little thin. How is it?
    Yep, PM Herps, white PVC, material is about 1/8" thick. I don't like them quite as well as Animal Plastics - easier to mount things to the thicker material AP uses without screws coming through, and I expect the thicker material insulates better, but they're not bad. I also would be pretty hesitant about stacking them, although they did have them stacked at the show. We got a 24"x24"x16" one at the fall 2015 show and have been using it ever since, so I was familiar with them.

What I do like on the PM Herps cages is the use of the "decorative" wing nuts for door latches. I found a supplier for the wing nuts and have replaced the hardware (I think they're mirror mounting hardware) that AP uses on our bigger enclosures. I've got a couple enclosures from Rat Pack Feeders (didn't see them at Tinley, got them at Scott Smith's earlier this month) that are pretty similar to the PM Herps ones that I'll probably also eventually put the wing nuts on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (03-21-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    so who had longer hair? u or Brian? lol

look like u had an awesome time. thanks for sharing all the cool pix.
    it was a close call!!! i think i won by a mere inch. (;

thanks for looking, i'm happy to share the experience with everyone!

wow this BP is clean. it almost looks like it's one step away from the first one here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...bos-from-NARBC
    he was definitely one of the "*dead stop* WOW" noodles i saw. genetic stripes are beautiful.

^ lolololololololol!!!!!11 i just find this pix hilarious.

Edit: also what's cinnamon bread? is that like unrolled cinnamon rolls? so it's probably not as good right?
    i thought they all looked so cute together!!!
    and it's essentially bread + cinnamon + sugar - icing. basically the same as a cinnamon roll.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345